Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Found Female Boxer - Northeast Killeen

Post Thanks / Like
    from what pound pup has........found on the dog, i prob'ly would not be comfortable with turning this dog back over to it's "previous" owners......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    from what pound pup has........found on the dog, i prob'ly would not be comfortable with turning this dog back over to it's "previous" owners......mac
    As pup said it appears she has been gone for awhile and the collar has rubbed into her. With the amount of info pup has given there is nothing to suggest her owners abused her.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    NO, this dog is definitely not abused. I would give her back to her owners (provided they can verify she's theirs) in a heart beat.
    I am thinking this maybe a case where the owner is on vacation and someone was supposed to watch her and either did not latch the gate properly, or she escaped from their sitters.

She prefers to be outside, but when inside she is well behaved. Her doggie manners are lacking, which leads me to believe she is an only dog. But in no way is she abused! I would not try so hard to find her owners if something seemed wrong.
    I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy. George Bernard Shaw
    BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER

4. Likes xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked posts on Craig's List? I posted there when our cat went missing.
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”Edmund Burke
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”Martin Luther King, Jr.

6. Likes poundpup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by poundpup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO, this dog is definitely not abused. I would give her back to her owners (provided they can verify she's theirs) in a heart beat.
    I am thinking this maybe a case where the owner is on vacation and someone was supposed to watch her and either did not latch the gate properly, or she escaped from their sitters.

She prefers to be outside, but when inside she is well behaved. Her doggie manners are lacking, which leads me to believe she is an only dog. But in no way is she abused! I would not try so hard to find her owners if something seemed wrong.
    ok, i guess i don't see a collar thats way too tight and has sores around the edges and fur missing the same way you do. my guess is this is a staked out or tethered dog and was finally able to get away from the folks who tied her up all the time....prob'ly all day. i have seen that type of animal owner here in my own neighborhood and really can't stand it.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can't discuss the collar issue without giving away details I need the owners to describe for identification. There are many points to this dog that assure me that she is not being abused, you'll have to trust me. That is why I am thinking she has been stray for a while, or she got the collar new (it is quite new) and the owners did not realize that it was not as comfy as previously thought. I did not see the sores until I removed it. The degree of tightness would be the point of a dog who tends to slip out of her collar if the collar is not secured tightly.

I've dealt with rescue and stray dogs for a couple of decades, and I assure you, she was well taken care of.

Now it may be that ownership was transferred and the new owner is careless ... I don't know - it's all to be found out. I believe in the rule of finders - keepers, losers - weepers... so if I don't feel right about it, I may well decide to hang on to her. My dogs are beginning to like her, she is starting to fit into the pack and my little Polly finally has someone who will play with her and run her ragged.
    I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy. George Bernard Shaw
    BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2