Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Romo Out for the Season

Post Thanks / Like
    I read the list of the ones they called in for a work out. Bunch of has beens. Their reasoning for Kitna was that he knew most of the players and the system. But he hasn't played in two years. Let's hope he doesn't have to play any this year either.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shame that the Cowboys don't have a "12th Man" tradition.

I remeber a disc jockey on a Dallas rock station a few weeks ago who stated "Five MILLION people in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex...and these are the BEST guys we can find to fill a pro football roster?!?"

Hell...just run the offensive coordinator through the crowd at The Lodge at 6 PM on a Friday evening to see if anyone would be interested in donning a Cowboys jersey on Sunday...for, say $50,000...
    (for the uninformed, The Lodge is an upscale "gentlemen's club" in Dallas. Slightly better clientele than The Men's Club. If someone was trying to stock a soccer/futbol club, I'd suggest The Clubhouse...hell, the BOUNCERS at The Lodge are probably former college football players!)
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

3. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since when do we expect the cowboys, or any of their leadership, to make sensible decisions?

I mean, it is Jerry Jones after all.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Thanks Night Owl, bbh thanked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know anything about Football, but has-beens can surprise you. The Wings won the cup one year picking up an old player that the Stars let go for being too old.

Good scouting is the key. The wings have the best scouts out there. Never have an early draft pick, put we got Datsyuk which lots of teams passed up.

Good luck to the Cowboys, they're the fifth team I root for.

7. LOL cnjbond, CenTexDave, bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know anything about Football, but has-beens can surprise you. The Wings won the cup one year picking up an old player that the Stars let go for being too old.

Good scouting is the key. The wings have the best scouts out there. Never have an early draft pick, put we got Datsyuk which lots of teams passed up.

Good luck to the Cowboys, they're the fifth team I root for.
    Dallas has been trying to win with has-beens for nearly 20yrs since their last Superbowl and haven't been successful yet, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say their ability to evaluate the talent of has-beens SUCKS!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

9. Thanks CenTexDave, bbh thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And ever since Jimmy Johnson left they have had, at best, mediocre drafts. The draft is how you build a team, use free agency to plug a hole here or there.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

11. Thanks bbh thanked this post
    Likes cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, what is wierd is that once their has beens leave the team, all of a sudden they are the stars of their new team. I mean, what's up with that.

I think they see the boys as an entry level job where they can get their foot in the door. Oh, and make a bazillion dollars for mediocre performance. Or sit on the bench with "turf toe".
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    It's now official. Romo underwent season ending back surgery this morning. Sunday night's game won't be worth watching.
    <http://es.pn/1cb3DFH>

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo had back surgery and will not play in the win-or-go-home game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night, coach Jason Garrett said Friday.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that, but don't sell'em out yet. That is just what the Eagles are thinking - they can come in here and have a romp. Might not happen.

15. Likes cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, what is wierd is that once their has beens leave the team, all of a sudden they are the stars of their new team. I mean, what's up with that.

I think they see the boys as an entry level job where they can get their foot in the door. Oh, and make a bazillion dollars for mediocre performance. Or sit on the bench with "turf toe".
    I think a lot of that has to do with the atmosphere of the organization and the cowboys coaching staff not being able to properly develop the player's talent.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

17. Likes CenTexDave, sojourner truth liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3