Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, rats!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, rats!

Going to bite the bullet here and admit that I have a rat (at least one) that I cannot catch. I have found a couple of places where he (hopefully he) likes to hang out and discovered that he loves Butterfinger candy bars and unpopped popcorn. But I cannot get him to go anywhere near a trap of any kind from the old fashioned wooden traps to the new fangled ones that look like a lion's mouth to glue-sticky things which I question anyway...although I had trouble getting one off my slipper when it caught me.

While I have a certain grudging respect for such a wiley critter, he simply has to go. I'm at the point where I'm considering putting out some poison traps and just hoping he doesn't die inside a wall somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please don't suggest a cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to bite the bullet here and admit that I have a rat (at least one) that I cannot catch. I have found a couple of places where he (hopefully he) likes to hang out and discovered that he loves Butterfinger candy bars and unpopped popcorn. But I cannot get him to go anywhere near a trap of any kind from the old fashioned wooden traps to the new fangled ones that look like a lion's mouth to glue-sticky things which I question anyway...although I had trouble getting one off my slipper when it caught me.

While I have a certain grudging respect for such a wiley critter, he simply has to go. I'm at the point where I'm considering putting out some poison traps and just hoping he doesn't die inside a wall somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please don't suggest a cat.
    Can you find where he is getting in?
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. Well your last sentence blew my advice. That's the only sure fire remedy I know.

Good luck!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

4. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha. Well your last sentence blew my advice. That's the only sure fire remedy I know.

Good luck!
    Ditto!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    We only have them in our garage. We had to resort to poison bait. Yes, occasionally the critters get trapped and cause a stink for a few days but in most cases they high-tail it to find some water as the bleed out internally.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a snake.
    Is there any construction going on around you? We had mice/rats when any kind of construction was going on. They went away after that. Of course we had a cat to catch them.

8. LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Old wooden trap with peanut butter.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, thanks, guys...but cats and snakes are out. No construction anywhere on the northside of town near our neighborhood. I lost my dog in September, and a house that has been sitting empty for months alongside us now has a couple of dogs; the rats may have been living over there.

My dad swore by the old wooden traps and peanut butter, but this guy hasn't fallen for that yet. Maybe I need to switch from Peter Pan to Jiffy.

I have no idea where he is coming in. My house is a pier and beam built in the sixties; he could be coming in just about anywhere.

Maybe I should start a blog called "Sir Ratley and Me." I might get movie rights to it.

11. LOL siamcat, Night Owl, cnjbond, Mr. Lucky, bbh LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by siamcat is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. My house is doggie-less for the first time in 20-something years, and the house feels very, very empty when I come home from work. Husband and I are planning on getting another puppy, but waiting until this summer when we're both home, or at least one of us is home. Until then I just grab puppy snuggles from any dog I come near.

14. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast