Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Oh, rats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Following ST's and my Dad's lead, I now how 10...TEN..wooden traps (I got rid of the glue things) smeared with peanut butter along the baseboards where I have found evidence of his passing. I wish he would pass, literally. I shall keep y'all posted for your edification and entertainment.

2. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, cnjbond, sojourner truth, siamcat LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though ST says the electronic rat preventer thingies are worthless and I'm not sure he's wrong, I have noticed that the one room (kitchen) where I have one is a room that he pretty much avoids.

I have company my coming, my grandbabies, so I got my husband to run out and buy five of those things. I'll be plugging them in tomorrow, and I'll lay a Butterfinger on the floor in each room (he loves the sweet stuff). If the sweet stuff is gone, I'll know the electronic things aren't really effective after all.

But once my babies leaves, I'm putting the traps out again. Maybe I'm getting totally blood-thirsty here, but I want to see a corpse; I need to see a corpse. I have visions of myself becoming like the little old lady in "Ratatouille."

4. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, ClickaNerd, CenTexDave, xzochye, cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the movie that comes to mind for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119715/
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the movie that comes to mind for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119715/
    I haven't seen this one; I'll have to try to find it. Might give me something to laugh at in the wee hours while I'm rat-stalking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell the grandkids it is Rattatouille..And he's just dropping by to see a great new recipe for sugar cookies.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Tell the grandkids it is Rattatouille..And he's just dropping by to see a great new recipe for sugar cookies.
    Glad you're enjoying my problem....The kids will buy it; their mother (my daughter) will freak out. She panics when she sees a bug; a rodent? I'll be scrapping what's left of her off the ceiling.

But I have to admit that I would be highly entertained if this were happening to someone else. Off to buy bleach to seriously scrub floor corners and base boards.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I haven't seen this one; I'll have to try to find it. Might give me something to laugh at in the wee hours while I'm rat-stalking.
    I have it on VHS. If you still have a VCR I can send it to you through campus mail. It's hilarious. It was one of my son's favorites when he was little.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have had this problem myself with mice in the attic at my old house. Took me months to get them all. I finally got smart and put peanut butter snap traps in the attic (had to crawl through insulation for hours to find their nesting spots). I put out 7 traps, and could hear them go off all night long. The next day, I had to crawl back up there, empty all 7 and then reset them. The traps would wake up my wife, and she'd start singing "and another one bites the dust".

I got a total of 18 mice before the problem went away. At my current house, we have salamanders. And they must breed like rabbits 'cause I have killed a total of 15 of them in the last month. I finally got Grandpa salamander a week ago, and haven't seen another since.

I know it's a real problem, but there are times that you have to just sit back and giggle at the absurdity that life tosses at you every now and again. Mr.s Truth wanted me to catch and release...no way. These little varmints are smart and know where it is warm and there is food.

Most pest control guys will tell you that if you remove the food source, the pest will go away. That works for me almost every time except with Roaches...I'm beginning to think they can survive on oxygen...that, or they are eating each other. Thank goodness we don't have any of them here .....yet.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. LOL Scarlett, CenTexDave, Imagine LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, I have had this problem myself with mice in the attic at my old house. Took me months to get them all. I finally got smart and put peanut butter snap traps in the attic (had to crawl through insulation for hours to find their nesting spots). I put out 7 traps, and could hear them go off all night long. The next day, I had to crawl back up there, empty all 7 and then reset them. The traps would wake up my wife, and she'd start singing "and another one bites the dust".

I got a total of 18 mice before the problem went away. At my current house, we have salamanders. And they must breed like rabbits 'cause I have killed a total of 15 of them in the last month. I finally got Grandpa salamander a week ago, and haven't seen another since.

I know it's a real problem, but there are times that you have to just sit back and giggle at the absurdity that life tosses at you every now and again. Mr.s Truth wanted me to catch and release...no way. These little varmints are smart and know where it is warm and there is food.

Most pest control guys will tell you that if you remove the food source, the pest will go away. That works for me almost every time except with Roaches...I'm beginning to think they can survive on oxygen...that, or they are eating each other. Thank goodness we don't have any of them here .....yet.
    Roaches are easy. Wipe everything down with bleach water, rinse well, then wipe everything down with ammonia. Make sure you ventilate. I used to do that when we lived in an apartment complex and the first night you could see them scurrying away and then they were gone.
    Why don't you like salamanders? We only have geckos and love them. They keep the bugs away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a cat. Will take care of rats, mice, lizards, roaches and more.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast