Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Oh, rats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Those glue boards do work, but you need one for a rat, not a mouse, and you need to bait it. Peanut butter works, or like IE said - something sweet.
    And, no, I didn't have rats to experiment with this. When I was in The Philippines I saw people using these and they worked good. Of course, the icky part is you then have to pick the glue board up and get rid of it and the stuck-to-it-critter. It may or not be dead. Some of them probably died of a heart attack, others didn't.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

WHAT THE....WHAT?
    I turn the mouse into miniature combat vets that do the work for me.

Psychological Operations ...

3. LOL CenTexDave, bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    I turn the mouse into miniature combat vets that do the work for me.

Psychological Operations ...
    You are a very strange, strange man.....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

5. LOL CenTexDave, ClickaNerd, Mr. Lucky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    You are a very strange, strange man.....
    Strange ?

Strange is a unit of measurement applied from the observer.

What if the measurement is based on perception formed through internet postings alone ?

Would you beleive it to be accurate if you were capable of intelligence gathering though other means ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    Strange ?

Strange is a unit of measurement applied from the observer.

What if the measurement is based on perception formed through internet postings alone ?

Would you beleive it to be accurate if you were capable of intelligence gathering though other means ?
    Like I said....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

8. LOL CenTexDave, Mestral, Mr. Lucky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your Boxer but have you considered a Westie, and a doggie door? With the doggie door he need not be locked up all day and if you have vermin before his arrival, they'll be gone shortly thereafter. In fact, two or three Westies might be better. The energy of a pack gives them critical mass. They're very independent and for smaller sized dogs they have absolutely huge, sharp teeth and are very fond of using them.

Our Westie is about 14 years old and has slowed down considerably from his younger days, but I had to interrupt composing this post as he demanded a treat and got the other dogs stirred up. I have to be careful giving him his treat as he rises up to meet it with teeth displayed like Shamu. Its not that he's mean, he just doesn't care about 'collateral damage'.

In any case, a couple of Westies might solve your vermin and puppy problems with one solution. I've heard Jack Russel Terriers are also hell on vermin, but have no personal experience with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    jack russel terriers and rat terriers are both hell on rats and feral kittens. i've had both and now have a jack russell. quite a few feral cats 2 or 3 years ago....none now....no rats either.....mac

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    Sorry about your Boxer but have you considered a Westie, and a doggie door? With the doggie door he need not be locked up all day and if you have vermin before his arrival, they'll be gone shortly thereafter. In fact, two or three Westies might be better. The energy of a pack gives them critical mass. They're very independent and for smaller sized dogs they have absolutely huge, sharp teeth and are very fond of using them.

Our Westie is about 14 years old and has slowed down considerably from his younger days, but I had to interrupt composing this post as he demanded a treat and got the other dogs stirred up. I have to be careful giving him his treat as he rises up to meet it with teeth displayed like Shamu. Its not that he's mean, he just doesn't care about 'collateral damage'.

In any case, a couple of Westies might solve your vermin and puppy problems with one solution. I've heard Jack Russel Terriers are also hell on vermin, but have no personal experience with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, Mestral, I'll bite. What is a Westie??
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

12. LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    OK, Mestral, I'll bite. What is a Westie??
    It's a little, yappy, ankle biting dog! West Highland White Terrier.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

14. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by mac is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thank you.

16. Likes xzochye liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast