Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Oh, rats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is tough. What puppy bred are you looking for?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried a live trap? Gum drops, gummi bears, that sort of thing? Rodentia get crazy over sweet things. I've always been successful with that kind of bait. For live traps, call animal control. Most cities maintain a stock of them for loan. There may be a deposit for their use, because they've lost so many over the years. But you ordinarily get that back when you return the trap. And they will empty the trap for you.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'll definitely keep borrowing a live trap in mind if I haven't been successful with my big game hunting soon. Good to know that they'll empty the trap too. I wouldn't begin to know how to deal with that. Knowing myself, I'd feel sorry for the critter and make hubby deal with getting rid of it.
    Last edited by Imagine; December 2nd, 2013 at 7:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is tough. What puppy bred are you looking for?
    Thank you. They sure leave big holes in our lives, don't they?

I'll be looking for a female boxer puppy, but not until next summer when I'm off. Isn't fair to have a puppy locked up in a crate all day when I'm gone from the house 9, often 10 hours, a day during the school week. But if you know of a place that I can start looking, I want to be sure to get a dog from a reputable breeder, not some puppy mill. Our last three dogs, over the past 19 years, have been rescue dogs, but my husband has a very close attachment to boxers, and they are marvelous dogs. We've had three over the course of our marriage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Thank you. They sure leave big holes in our lives, don't they?

I'll be looking for a female boxer puppy, but not until next summer when I'm off. Isn't fair to have a puppy locked up in a crate all day when I'm gone from the house 9, often 10 hours, a day during the school week. But if you know of a place that I can start looking, I want to be sure to get a dog from a reputable breeder, not some puppy mill. Our last three dogs, over the past 19 years, have been rescue dogs, but my husband has a very close attachment to boxers, and they are marvelous dogs. We've had three over the course of our marriage.
    If you are interested in a rescue the organization I am with currently has 18 puppies! All have been bottle feed and are almost ready for foster to adopt.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a high frequency transmitter that causes the mouse to enter a state of transcendental meditation.

Then I use positive affirmations embedded in the high frequency transmission. ( a form of mind control )

When the rodent is fully locked in a state of rapid deceleration mentally - I program the mouse to assist in distributing poison to his associates.

I have applied for a patent.

7. LOL CenTexDave, cnjbond, just2cents, bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine built a mousetrap out of a 5 gallon bucket/a dowel rod/a plastic 16 oz soda bottle.

Drill holes on the top of the sides of bucket to fit dowel rod and one hole through plastic soda bottle.

Insert dowel rod into and through plastic bottle and insert into bucket sides.

Coat plastic bottle with peanut butter

Once mouse or rat jumps onto peanut butter bottle it will spin into bucket.

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Sounds like something out of "MacGyver"; I'll have to bear that in mind though.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my....please be careful with that poison, imagine. if the rat dies where another pet can eat it, the pet will eat it ala....an anuryism....and then bleed out.....when you poison a rat or mouse, you also poison anything that eats that rat or mouse.....mac

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Going to bite the bullet here and admit that I have a rat (at least one) that I cannot catch. I have found a couple of places where he (hopefully he) likes to hang out and discovered that he loves Butterfinger candy bars and unpopped popcorn. But I cannot get him to go anywhere near a trap of any kind from the old fashioned wooden traps to the new fangled ones that look like a lion's mouth to glue-sticky things which I question anyway...although I had trouble getting one off my slipper when it caught me.

While I have a certain grudging respect for such a wiley critter, he simply has to go. I'm at the point where I'm considering putting out some poison traps and just hoping he doesn't die inside a wall somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please don't suggest a cat.

12. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    I use a high frequency transmitter that causes the mouse to enter a state of transcendental meditation.

Then I use positive affirmations embedded in the high frequency transmission. ( a form of mind control )

When the rodent is fully locked in a state of rapid deceleration mentally - I program the mouse to assist in distributing poison to his associates.

I have applied for a patent.

WHAT THE....WHAT?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

14. LOL CenTexDave, ClickaNerd, xzochye, Mr. Lucky, bbh LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast