Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coughing

Post Thanks / Like

Coughing

My dog is coughing and wheezing. This has been going on for a while. He's fine when he's just lying around, but when he gets too excited he starts coughing. It is more and more common now. I'm worried, but can't afford x-rays. I can take him to the vet to see what is going on, but I know they will want to take x-rays. I feel horrible right now, but I can't do what I can't do. Is there anything I can do to help him in the mean time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dog is coughing and wheezing. This has been going on for a while. He's fine when he's just lying around, but when he gets too excited he starts coughing. It is more and more common now. I'm worried, but can't afford x-rays. I can take him to the vet to see what is going on, but I know they will want to take x-rays. I feel horrible right now, but I can't do what I can't do. Is there anything I can do to help him in the mean time?
    I gave my dogs Children's Robitussin DM when they had kennel cough. It's perfectly safe. 1 teaspoon for every 20lbs. Also, take him into a steamed filled bathroom for a while. That will help.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I ran to CVS and grabbed a bottle. Gave him a dose just now. How often should I do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    at first glance, it sounds like an allergy. is he chewin' his paws?.....any mulberries or live oaks in his yard?....in any case might wanna get some generic antihistamine and adjust the doseage.....mac

5. Thanks engteach64 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I ran to CVS and grabbed a bottle. Gave him a dose just now. How often should I do it?
    Let me do some digging and see if I can find the website I got this from.

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    6-8 hours.

http://www.vetguru.com/2012/05/14/ro...for-dogs-cats/

http://www.dog-health-guide.org/dogmedicine.html

Dosage10mg) per teaspoonful..5 to 1 mg per pound (or 1 teaspoon per 20 pounds) orally every 6 hours. The dose for Robitussin DM in small dogs is 1/2 teaspoon every 4 hours. The usual dose in large dogs is 1 teaspoonful every 4 hours.

Side effects:Number 1 side effect is sleepiness. If your dog shows other symptoms such as dry heaves and shows changes in behavior such as lethargic behavior, take your dog to the Emergency Room or veterinarian as soon as possible.

BOYCOTT

8. Thanks engteach64 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get him off those Cuban cigars.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10. LOL Grammar Rules, xzochye, engteach64, bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one said he had to stop the cigars!

12. LOL bbh, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one said he had to stop the cigars!
    Just make sure they are good quality.

BOYCOTT

14. LOL bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been laid up with a miserable flu bug since Thursday. Fever, aches, horrible cough. Was I supposed to give up my Cubans? (Please say no.)

16. Saddened by xzochye is saddened by this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast