Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coughing

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	4206What did we do before the Internet, including CTT? My cur dawg, a mix of brown Border Collie mama and apparently mostly Shepherd papa couldn't get up after our outing yesterday. Could not get up, even to go into her Dogloo or come into the house for the night. I finally put an old comforter on the patio, and she dragged herself onto it for the night. She weighs 75 lbs, so lifting her isn't an option.

She is up and around this morning, moving slowly, but using both back legs.

According to the Internet, she must have hip dysplasia. She had one episode like this before, and it also was after she was on a three or four-mile outing (I drive an ATV and the dogs run along).

So now I know, from the net, that she needs to lose about ten lbs and not to run on pavement. About 1/2 mile of the route is paved, so I'll just slow down there, once she recuperates. She's not going to be happy about the reduced rations, though.

And over the holiday, she has a vet appt, so I'll see if glucosamine might help.
    Last edited by Grammar Rules; December 16th, 2013 at 7:05 AM.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    grammar: dysplasia does NOT come in "episodes".....i'm not saying it's not dysplasia, just that dysplasia is not "episodic". from afar, it sounds more like arthritis or rheumatism....especially if she has any age on her to speak of......mac

Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	4206What did we do before the Internet, including CTT? My cur dawg, a mix of brown Border Collie mama and apparently mostly Shepherd papa couldn't get up after our outing yesterday. Could not get up, even to go into her Dogloo or come into the house for the night. I finally put an old comforter on the patio, and she dragged herself onto it for the night. She weighs 75 lbs, so lifting her isn't an option.

She is up and around this morning, moving slowly, but using both back legs.

According to the Internet, she must have hip dysplasia. She had one episode like this before, and it also was after she was on a three or four-mile outing (I drive an ATV and the dogs run along).

So now I know, from the net, that she needs to lose about ten lbs and not to run on pavement. About 1/2 mile of the route is paved, so I'll just slow down there, once she recuperates. She's not going to be happy about the reduced rations, though.

And over the holiday, she has a vet appt, so I'll see if glucosamine might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe...but she's only 5 1/2.
    Thanks.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice puppies

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

5. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grammar ... I have a 5 year old Russian Wolfhound. Arthritis in both knees .... verified by x-ray

7. Saddened by Grammar Rules is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took her for a short walk after work, and she frolicked around, running and jumping on the other dog. Can't tell there's anything wrong with her today. Hope X-rays will show something.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that everything is ok. Beautiful pups. The collie mix looks like one I had as a child. Great dogs.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

10. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    I took her for a short walk after work, and she frolicked around, running and jumping on the other dog. Can't tell there's anything wrong with her today. Hope X-rays will show something.
    grammar: so you'r takin' the dog to the vet even though it's frolicking around and everything appears to be good? remember, you're payin' the vet to find something and he will NOT disappoint....mac
    Last edited by mac; December 16th, 2013 at 7:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    grammar: so you'r takin' the dog to the vet even though it's frolicking around and everything appears to be good. remember, you're payin' the vet to find something and he will NOT disappoint....mac
    The vet isn't going to find something that isn't there mac.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    The vet isn't going to find something that isn't there mac.
    ok...glad to hear it.....mac

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast