Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coughing

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly I took Flash to the vet today, and he did not come home. His throat was half way closed up, his heart was three times the size it should be, and his stomach was filled with cancer. All of this since I saw the vet six months ago. It was a hard call to make, but my vet said they could not treat the cancer, and could help the heart (maybe), but he would only live for about two more weeks and would be miserable the whole time. I just didn't expect to come home without my boy.

2. Saddened by xzochye, Ludwig, bbh, munnie62, siamcat and 3 others is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I took Flash to the vet today, and he did not come home. His throat was half way closed up, his heart was three times the size it should be, and his stomach was filled with cancer. All of this since I saw the vet six months ago. It was a hard call to make, but my vet said they could not treat the cancer, and could help the heart (maybe), but he would only live for about two more weeks and would be miserable the whole time. I just didn't expect to come home without my boy.
    Oh my! I am so very sorry for your loss!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

4. Thanks engteach64 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The loss of a good and faithful friend is always a tragedy. My sincere condolences on your loss.

Given the circumstances, you made the right choice.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

6. Thanks engteach64 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry. I know what that feels like because it happened to us. Those pets are absolutely part of the family, and it's a deep loss when they pass away. I will be thinking of you.

8. Thanks engteach64 thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry for your loss. May your memories always be happy ones.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    I know you made a hard decision. We had to put our cat to sleep Tuesday.
    When I took him to the vet a few month ago we found out that he had diabetes. We can't afford the treatment, but he was still happy, so we took him home. He stopped eating this past weekend so we decided it was time. We had that cat for 14 years.
    Hang in there and know that Flash is not hurting anymore.

11. Saddened by CenTexDave is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    I know you made a hard decision. We had to put our cat to sleep Tuesday.
    When I took him to the vet a few month ago we found out that he had diabetes. We can't afford the treatment, but he was still happy, so we took him home. He stopped eating this past weekend so we decided it was time. We had that cat for 14 years.
    Hang in there and know that Flash is not hurting anymore.
    I'm sorry for your loss. Pets are family.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

13. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it hurts. Have gone through this a few times before. Wait a couple of weeks and go get another pooch.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

15. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Dave, it's been a couple of weeks, and I have a new puppy that I will get Saturday. He is a gorgeous beagle who will be five months old December
    29th. We are going to name him Thor. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Pup.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	4202

Post Thanks / Like
    So cute!!!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast