Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coughing

Post Thanks / Like
    bbh, I want to laugh at what you said, but I am also sad you are ill. Feel better.

2. Thanks bbh thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but make sure for each Cuban cigar you smoke you also have a shot of Cuban rum. Guaranteed you will feel better then.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. LOL bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, if you knew my zero tolerance for alcohol....you'd know that Cuban rum would most likely put me in the grave.

Feeling better today, but still coughing some. Looking for the Mack Truck that ran me over. My doctor gave me a Z-pak to help with any secondary infection. That usually does the trick.

We had this trip planned for our children and grandchildren....all eleven of us....to the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine for Friday and Saturday nights. I got sick Thursday night; no way could I go. So I stayed behind to keep my germs away from everyone else. They sent me lots of pictures and video clips, but I missed it.

They will all be home later this afternoon.

Hope your doggie is better, Engteach!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that, bbh. Get well soon.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Thanks bbh thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gave my dogs Children's Robitussin DM when they had kennel cough. It's perfectly safe. 1 teaspoon for every 20lbs. Also, take him into a steamed filled bathroom for a while. That will help.
    you can also give dogs Benedryl...in the tablets, 1/2 tablet for under 30 pounds every 12 hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I bought the cough syrup and gave it to him. He was okay with it, but refused to take it the next time. He would literally hold his breath and spit it out. Dumb smart dog. I finally got an idea...I put the medicine in my turkey baster (that I never use) and squirted it in his mouth to the back. He started coughing and they fell over on his side. I was so scared. I thought I choked him and he was dying. We all sat around him loving on him and trying to make sure he was breathing. Finally his breathing was raspy but better. I didn't sleep at all last night because I was afraid he was going to die, and it would be my fault. It turns out that by forcing him to drink the medicine I forced a seizure. He was better this morning, and is back to his old self (plus the coughing). Vet appointment is Thursday morning. I'll feel better when the vet tells me what to do.

Side note: when I told the secretary at the vet what happened she did a recap..."Flash is coughing, and owner is no longer allowed to administer medications." Way to make a girl feel bad, but I did laugh. I love my vet.

10. Likes xzochye liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pup knows how to get attention. Good puppy.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. Likes The321 liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My vet gave Lady Bug some sort of cough pills. It seemed to work.

Belton Vet next to the expo. Best in the county. First come first served. 8 AM Monday thur Saturday.
    Last edited by The321; December 3rd, 2013 at 7:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW! I'm sorry about that!

I had to use a turkey baster to give my dog gatorade when he was first coming down with Addison's Disease.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

15. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pup knows how to get attention. Good puppy.
    I have always said my dogs have me well trained.

17. Likes xzochye liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast