Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Corgis "Vulnerable" In GB???

Post Thanks / Like
    The Killeen pound is horrible. The rescue that I am with rarely does business with them because of the condition the animals are in. They also do not take kindly to having any type of testing on the animals before being rescued, even if it is paid for by the organization wanting to do the rescuing.

Mac, when you get ready to adopt just let me know and I will see what we have or what can be rescued. We mostly have puppies and younger animals but just a few weeks ago we were looking for someone for a couple of senior dogs.
    Last edited by xzochye; November 5th, 2013 at 6:04 PM.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll do that XZ. This is really disturbing and will be disturbing to Ursula when I tell her about it too. We have been quite generous to the local pound since, oh prob'ly '85.....at least a hundred bucks a month and that counts up to quite a bit! we always helped them out even when, it seemed at times, they made it kind of difficult to do. thanx for the response, XZ.....mac

Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Killeen pound is horrible. The rescue that I am with rarely does business with them because of the condition the animals are in. They also do not take kindly to having any type of testing on the animals before being rescued, even if it is paid for by the organization wanting to do the rescuing.

Mac, when you get ready to adopt just let me know and I will see what we have or what can be rescued. We mostly have puppies and younger animals but just a few weeks ago we were looking for someone for a couple of senior dogs.

3. Likes xzochye, SamBrown liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i'll do that XZ. This is really disturbing and will be disturbing to Ursula when I tell her about it too. We have been quite generous to the local pound since, oh prob'ly '85.....at least a hundred bucks a month and that counts up to quite a bit! we always helped them out even when, it seemed at times, they made it kind of difficult to do. thanx for the response, XZ.....mac
    Not trying to take away from the city pound (all animals need the help) but if they give you a difficult time trying to help out look for a local rescue instead. Just do a little research and you would be surprised how many there are around here.

I know the one I am with is always looking for help. That can be volunteering at an adoption event, providing transportation, food or monetary donations, fostering the ways are endless. My group rescues a lot of animals that have less than 48 hours to live. We have pulled animals with parvo, mange and other illnesses, nursed them back to health and then put them up for adoption. It's pretty rewarding. I recently became a foster failure myself. (That means I adopted a foster...lol)

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

5. Likes siamcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the Killeen Animal Shelter has declined, when we got our pup there several years ago they seemed ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Our "breed" is a wonderful dog...and spoiled rotten. I can't understand one thing though...Both Corgis and Chihuauas have ears that stand straight up and pointy all the time..Our dog has LES..Lazy ear syndrone. The only time her "Corgis" pop up is when food is around.

She has all the right colors and shape...just lazy ears.
    Our chi-hua-hua had both of her ears starting to stand up when she was a pup. Then she had an encounter with a fire ant. Her face swelled up and looked like a pug. Got her on the right cheek, I reckon. Left ear is up, right ear is floppy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7634.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	4088

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Our chi-hua-hua had both of her ears starting to stand up when she was a pup. Then she had an encounter with a fire ant. Her face swelled up and looked like a pug. Got her on the right cheek, I reckon. Left ear is up, right ear is floppy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7634.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	4088
    CUTE!!

BOYCOTT

9. Likes kantwin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That ain't a dog. It's a large rat.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

11. LOL kantwin, Night Owl, rk103, SamBrown LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    we can't have a dog with bulging eyeballs in our home. the wife was on the scene when my mother's pug walked into a bush limb and lost an eyeball......and it wasn't pretty......i have told her, prob'ly a hundred times, that it didn't get poked out because it was a bulging eye ball, it got poked out because the dog didn't have no nose.....but to no avail. no dogs with bulging eye balls in our home....too many red tipped photinias and sage around.......mac
    Last edited by mac; November 6th, 2013 at 9:52 AM.

13. Likes xzochye, gnatsum liked this post
    LOL xzochye, SamBrown LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    I often find that mixed breeds make much better pets then overpriced full bred animals and are generally more healthy. We have a black lab mix (maybe with a pit bull) who is the sweetest dog in the world.
    We only get our dogs and cats from shelters for a small fee. I could not see spending hundreds of dollars on a pure bred when there are so many great animals out there waiting to be rescued.
    it could very well be that the most healthiest dog to get today is the wolf-hybrid.....but of course they come with a different set of problems.......but they sure are pretty and....loyal.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of my pets have found me, as in walk in my yard and never leave. My kids used to laugh and say there must be a sign out there somewhere that said, "need good home, follow the arrows", which of course, led to our house.
    "What you do, who you’re with, and how you feel about the world around you, is completely up to you."

Mike Rowe

16. Likes Night Owl, siamcat liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast