Thread: Killeen's David Cobb

Post Thanks / Like

Killeen's David Cobb

I remember this kid when he played.
    He's now the backup RB for Minnesota's Golden Gophers. Pressed into service today because of an injury to the starter, he is having a huge game. 25 carries, 126 yards and 1TD. And Minnesota is beating Nebraska!!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's been setting rushing records for them all year. They have 3 very good RBs that they trade off. They will run one of them until the opposition starts to concentrate on them, then switch up. They creamed Nebraskas defense today, probably moving them out od their 24th ranked position. Whoever said he was pressed in to service hasn't been watching the team all year as I have. 31 rushes for 138 yards today for Cobb. They look great. You may remember the Golden Gophers because their coach has been suffering siezures on the sidelines all year.

He didn't look nearly as good as his older brother Daniel when he played for Ellison, and was on the last winning team the Eagles had. His older brother Daniel, who, as you will remember had troubles while at Texas Tech has now moved on to Louisiana tech, accordingto a coach friend of mine. They seriously underused Daniel on special teams instead of as a running back. I think he got bored, and then got into trouble.

I know their mom, who is the sweetest Christian lady you will ever meet. She was also working in the center that Nidal Hasan shot up, and shot at her head during the Ft. Hood shootings. Said she could hear the bullet whiz by her ear. She operated a flower stand/kiosk in the airport for a while. Her husband is a retired(recently) Army LTC.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Minnesota's been a good surprise this year. Nebraska is facing a lot of adversity. Their coach is in the hot seat.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have surprised a lot of people...not to mention the Cobb family, believe it or not.

Nebraskas head coach hasn't got too much to worry about I think, although there were some hints about his being "talked to" when the get back to Lincoln. I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall for that conversation....

Tech losing was another upset I didn't need today.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel was one of my favorite students ever. Great kid. Great, supportive family.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's been setting rushing records for them all year. They have 3 very good RBs that they trade off. They will run one of them until the opposition starts to concentrate on them, then switch up. They creamed Nebraskas defense today, probably moving them out od their 24th ranked position. Whoever said he was pressed in to service hasn't been watching the team all year as I have. 31 rushes for 138 yards today for Cobb. They look great. You may remember the Golden Gophers because their coach has been suffering siezures on the sidelines all year.

He didn't look nearly as good as his older brother Daniel when he played for Ellison, and was on the last winning team the Eagles had. His older brother Daniel, who, as you will remember had troubles while at Texas Tech has now moved on to Louisiana tech, accordingto a coach friend of mine. They seriously underused Daniel on special teams instead of as a running back. I think he got bored, and then got into trouble.

I know their mom, who is the sweetest Christian lady you will ever meet. She was also working in the center that Nidal Hasan shot up, and shot at her head during the Ft. Hood shootings. Said she could hear the bullet whiz by her ear. She operated a flower stand/kiosk in the airport for a while. Her husband is a retired(recently) Army LTC.
    We saw them both last year when Tech and Minn played each other in the Mieneke bowl.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoever said he was pressed in to service hasn't been watching the team all year as I have.
    Ummm Dave said it one post before yours...literally!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

8. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "He's been setting rushing records for them all year." Thank you, ST.
    477 yards on the season, 542 yards for his three years, is hardly any record.
    I just wanted to point out the kid played a good game.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, but they didn't play him hardly at all his first year or so. He has played every game this year, and done a great job...all I'm saying is that he isn't a back up, but one of 3 backs they are using almost equally this year. they will use him on one or 2 series of downs, and then switch. Then switch back later.

He was an unknown commodity his first year, and not played at all hardly. His second year, he was allowed to play a few games, and produced well enough for coach to start him this year...which is what they have done.

His brother, on the other hand, was never even given a chance as a regular player, and had a lot more running talent, in my opinion. Instead of using his great running talents, they have used him as a sometime special teams guy on kickoff reception and runbacks. Sometimes, they will let him work special teams as a defensive tackle flor kickoffs. He has great speed, and can take a ton of punishment. Tech has a select inner crowd of players that nobody will displace no matter how good they are. Been that way for years, and was why Daniels mom didn't want him going to tech in the first place, David, on the other hand, elected for Minnesota specifically to be a big fish in a small pond. He knew they needed backs, and that they would be more likely to start him there than at a Texas school. He learned from his brothers mistake. Litterally.
    His moms take on things is my favorite lesson in football strategy...She thinks it's great that football is paying for college, but knows the chances of her boys going pro are slim to none, and told both of them to get a good education first, and worry about ball later. They also have an older brother who played for Lousianna for a few years, but I think he quit football to concentrate on his degree work. Which is what momma wanted in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the deal. When in the army I was stationed at the ASA Training Center and School at Fort Devens, MA. Next door to me lived a family with 4 boys in it that were great athletes. They were like all one year older than the other. The local high school was very small, but these four all ran track and played football. They ran the 4X100 yard relay and set a national record for high school. The oldest also won the state 100 yard dash. The oldest went to Syracuse and broke all of Jim Brown's, Ernie Davis', and Larry Czonka's rushing records. Went on to play for the New York Giants and, when he called it quits a few years later, was the leading rusher of all time for the Giants. His younger brother was recruited by Michigan coach Bo Schembechler to be a kick returner/punt returner. Finally by the the time he was a senior ol' Bo figured out he was too good just return kicks. Became the regular RB. Set all kinds of records. Went on to play for the Redskins and set their single game rushing record. I don 't know if it still holds or not.
    Their names? Joe Morris and Jamie Morris. The other brothers went on to play in the Canadian Football League and were actually faster.

12. Likes sojourner truth liked this post