Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Was Nick Saban's wife house-hunting in Austin recently???

Post Thanks / Like

Was Nick Saban's wife house-hunting in Austin recently???

http://www.burntorangenation.com/201...-strengthening

I think he makes about $5.6 million a year under his current Alabama contract. So do we think this Terry Saban house-hunting rumor is true? If so, do we believe that they thought she could do it under-the-radar when everyone knows that Mack is all but gone? Does Saban really want to stay in Alabama and this was an intentional leak to get a bidding war going between Tuscaloosa and Austin? I personally think that UT will pay him whatever it takes. The Longhorns are the richest team in college football (over $130 million).....a deal with Saban would make their revenue skyrocket even more. UT made $32.4 million in ticket sales alone in 2011 and sponsorships brought in an additional $8 million; they have astronomical franchise revenues. The Horns could pay Saban $12 million a year and barely blink.

This could get interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very possible.
    But I don't understand why Saban would want to move to UT. He has it made at Bama. Virtually a write-in every year for the National Championship Game. The man has won four national championships. Unless he's one of these guys who loves a challenge, then I don't see him moving. And how much is enough? Good Lord - he makes $4-5M a year now. Pay him $12M and he better produce a national championship each and every year or he will find out how fickle fans can get real quick.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt he would even think about having his wife do house hunting, where there may be some speculation about all this, during the season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very possible.
    But I don't understand why Saban would want to move to UT. He has it made at Bama. Virtually a write-in every year for the National Championship Game. The man has won four national championships. Unless he's one of these guys who loves a challenge, then I don't see him moving. And how much is enough? Good Lord - he makes $4-5M a year now. Pay him $12M and he better produce a national championship each and every year or he will find out how fickle fans can get real quick.
    1. Weaker conference SEC versus Big 12 - he plays in a national championship game every other week in the SEC. Big 12 - Sooners? Kansas state, OK state, Baylor, Tech, ISU, Kansas, TCU and some others, all very very winnable games for a Saban coached team.

2. Resources - Texas is one of, if not the highest earners for college sports. He could build whatever he wants whenever he wanted too.

3. Money - He could make 10-12 million a year at texas

4. Recruiting - He would never have to leave the state of Texas, along with his SEC ties, it would be unreal.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's probably scared of A&M. Now that Texas pissed off the Aggies and they left for the SEC, he'll come here.
    Seriously - he'd be a great hire. But consider this - he never stays anywhere for more than 4 or 5 years.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    He's probably scared of A&M. Now that Texas pissed off the Aggies and they left for the SEC, he'll come here. Seriously - he'd be a great hire. But consider this - he never stays anywhere for more than 4 or 5 years.
    He came to Alabama in 2007
    Let's see, simple math. 2013 minus 2007 equals oh, my, 6!
    If you count 2007 as one of the years he was there, we get 7.
    Seven years. Not 4 or 5 years, like you say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    1. Weaker conference SEC versus Big 12 - he plays in a national championship game every other week in the SEC. Big 12 - Sooners? Kansas state, OK state, Baylor, Tech, ISU, Kansas, TCU and some others, all very very winnable games for a Saban coached team.
    Weaker conference SEC? Oh, man, that's the funniest thing I've heard all month.
    Big 12 can't even get 12 teams into the conference.
    ISU and Kansas State have 3 wins between them this year. Kansas has 2. Very winnable against ANY coached team.
    Auburn, LSU, A&M, South Carolina, Missouri, and Alabama are currently ranked in the top 25.
    Florida, and Georgia are having an off year, and were ranked earlier this year. And their losses come against SEC teams.
    The point of playing tough teams every other week is to build a championship caliber team over the season.
    Last edited by kantwin; October 25th, 2013 at 6:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Weaker conference SEC? Oh, man, that's the funniest thing I've heard all month.
    Big 12 can't even get 12 teams into the conference.
    ISU and Kansas State have 3 wins between them this year. Kansas has 2. Very winnable against ANY coached team.
    Auburn, LSU, A&M, South Carolina, Missouri, and Alabama are currently ranked in the top 25.
    Florida, and Georgia are having an off year, and were ranked earlier this year. And their losses come against SEC teams.
    The point of playing tough teams every other week is to build a championship caliber team over the season.
    You did notice who posted that, right?
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    You did notice who posted that, right?
    hook, line and sinker. . .

11. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell you what, Kantwin, seeing you people there think Saban is a god go ahead and keep him.
    I'm just waiting for some scandal to hit Bama. It hits all the big boys and is about Bama's turn.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast