Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the ranges?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The news paper mentioned Stan's Outdoor Shooting Range, and I located it along 183 about 4 miles south of Astro Range, on the opposite side of the highway. Looking at the satelite photoes, and comparing with street view, he is adding on to the place as time goes by. His web site says something about Law Enforcement using it, so he may have a contract that is bringing in enough for him to make improvements as time goes by.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive by it a lot. It seems pretty small...

I literally drove by it 5 times looking for it, not realizing that was the range.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have zeroed out there quite a few times. yeow, it's kind of small and maybe not quite prime time for recreational shooting but it's certainly good enough for pre-season zeroing. pistol ranges aren't all that bad either it's really rudimentary, really just the basics but it's not really all that bad....mac

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I drive by it a lot. It seems pretty small...

I literally drove by it 5 times looking for it, not realizing that was the range.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i've already asked this but didn't get an answer. do any of you know of any ranges set up for steel silouette targets?.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hicksville has a few steel silhouettes on the pistol range,
    and a few steel knockdown targets,
    but no steel knockdowns.

I have a friend that shoots rifle there, and he says they have a steel target,
    about 4ft diameter on the rifle range, but don't think it is a silhouette.

Post Thanks / Like
    The steel targets on the rifle range are used on the 600 yd range. The closest one to you at that range is the 200 yd. The pistol range has 4 silhouettes and 3 or 4 sets of knockdown targets. They also have a texas star and a swinging target. If you're really feeling up to the challenge, they have an ax blade that you hang a balloon on each side of and try to split the bullet to pop both balloons.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCyllxkZ6fk
    JD (Range owner) Splitting the bullet with a 1911 he's only fired once before (the first time was a test shot to sight in the gun right before this video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lF2y30Aan8
    A gun competition where a guy with a Smith and Wesson 500 competes against a semi-auto....and wins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiuZj0jamQ
    40 Lbs of tannerite in the back seat of a caddy. Apologize for the poor audio and video. The video is partially due to me not wiping off the screen to my camera box before recording. The audio is due to the camera sitting inside a heavily re-inforced ammo box converted to protect a video camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Reminder, the first post in this thread said the last (or near last) post would have pointers to directions to ranges.

OK, so now we have:

Hicksville near Gatesville . . post numbers 1 3 14 25 26 27 in this thread

And on 183 near Florence:
    Astro . . . post numbers 17 and 20
    and
    Stans. . . Post numbers 21 and 23

And one at "Just Glocks" in Cove. 17 19

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i messed my question all up which is prob'ly why it wasn't answered the first time. i'm talkin' 'bout the steel grouse, turkey, hog and ram targets. do we have a range set up anywhere's closer than ft. smith for that type of shooting?....mac

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The steel targets on the rifle range are used on the 600 yd range. The closest one to you at that range is the 200 yd. The pistol range has 4 silhouettes and 3 or 4 sets of knockdown targets. They also have a texas star and a swinging target. If you're really feeling up to the challenge, they have an ax blade that you hang a balloon on each side of and try to split the bullet to pop both balloons.

Post Thanks / Like
    They do-but not that big. They have steel rodent targets. Groundhogs, I think a chicken or two....i don't pay them much attention. May be a pig in there.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast