Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the New School After Officer Hornsby

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as long as it's someone we feel would represent the school in a positive light forever...sure would have sucked if back in the day they named a school Miley Cyrus Elementary due to her show Hannah Montana!

Post Thanks / Like

Name the New School After Officer Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just as long as it's someone we feel would represent the school in a positive light forever...sure would have sucked if back in the day they named a school Miley Cyrus Elementary due to her show Hannah Montana!
    I agree. Any one that has positively contributed to the community and is a good role model would be a good choice. I am just partial to the Trujillo's since I know them.

I agree about the no politicians.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tchrlib View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think it is a great idea to name a school after the area it is in.
    "Airport Approach Elementary"; "Killeen Base Trailer Park Elementary"; Kay Bee Heights Elementary"; or maybe name it after someone like the "Gang of Four" Elementary.(LOL) ........ Actually, I prefer "Arthur Trujillo Elementary".

I think the new City of Killeen Police Headquarters on Featherline out toward Florence should be renamed for Officer Hornsby.

4. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kids need a role model that they can relate to. What better than a police officer, father of young children, husband of a KISD teacher?

The KPD could be the school's "Unit Sponsor" and have activities on his birthday.

It's a perfect way to honor Officer Hornsby and help put police in a positive light to young kids?

6. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I read the article this morning I saw that there are 45 names on the list. Then when I saw three specifically, one being my husband, I immediately said he is in AMAZING company. All three men have sacrificed selflessly to their community. I am, however, biased for the school being named after Bobby. Not because he was/is (I never really know what tense to use) my husband. I think he deserves it because he demonstrated the greatest example of sacrificial service. All accounts on how he was killed say that he died a hero. Not because he died, but because of his actions that night. No greater love than that!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What? No votes for Connie Green elementary?

Actually, I can think of no more appropriate thing than naming the school after officer Hornsby. Just think, there would always be a cop on campus watching over the kiddos.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no knowledge of the others on the list but I also believe this time around it is entirely appropriate to name the school after Bobby Hornsby. I've watched a lot of people I care about struggle to find a tangible, lasting tribute to him that measures up to the enormity of his sacrifice. A school should be a place of relative peace and protection for kids (I know some teachers and read the news, and I am aware that it isn't always exactly that way, but I also know how hard school employees try), and naming a school after Bobby would not only honor his actual sacrifice but also what our calling represents. Teachers and cops have a LOT in common. If I have a vote, I vote for it to be named after him. And thanks Rick for bringing it up.

10. Likes siamcat, Rick, sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He gets my vote.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. Likes Rick, Treading Water liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any ties back in Killeen any longer, but if I could, I'd say that the new school should be named for the officer.
    That or PS 153.
    OK, maybe not ...

14. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stalag 13 would be my second choice.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast