Thread: A&M and UMHB The Top TWO College Football Programs (Right Now) in Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A&M and UMHB The Top TWO College Football Programs (Right Now) in Texas

The Top Ten College Football Programs (Right Now) in Texas

1) Texas A&M - Summarize the Aggies' rise with this sentence: "You just took about 10 years off my life," said Nick Saban to Kevin Sumlin after Saturday's four-hour fireworks display. Texas A&M isn't the absolute best program in college football, but they're close enough to give the reigning two-time champions a 60 minute scare. The amazing thing isn't that the Aggies finally figured out how to harness all of the program's potential, thanks to a move to the SEC, it's how fast it happened.

2) Mary Hardin-Baylor - If you know nothing else about the Division III Crusaders, here are some quick facts. They went 13-1 last season, with the only blemish coming in a 48-35 setback to Mount Union in the Division III semifinals. Their last losing season, and the last time they won anything less than eight games, was in 1999. They've gone 141-21 since the turn of the century. They've won 10 American Southwest Conference championships over that span, including eight in a row. They've won 27 straight ASC games, 54 of their last 55, and 101 of their last 107. And the program didn't even start unil 1998. I'd say Pete Fredenburg has done a pretty good job.

2. Likes CenTexDave, cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Fredenburg will make a jump up to a higher division. I hear there may be an opening in Austin very soon.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. LOL bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    LOL, I doubt it. He did interview for the UTSA job a couple years ago. He's getting up there in the years and I am sure he is enjoying himself right where he's at.

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    At 5m a year to produce ... not much. He better enjoy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mack Brown's salary, I believe, is $5m annually.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually $5.3 million, but who's counting the petty cash, right?

If Brown is fired at the end of the 2013 season, Texas would have to make four payments of $687,500 to him. I personally think it's worth it.

I also think that UT needs (no disrespect intended toward Ash) a quarterback.

12. LOL cnjbond, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andy Staples on SI.com just ripped Mack a new butt.
    And I agree about Ash. He played at Belton - Cove beat him both years. He didn't impress me then; hasn't impressed me at UT either.