Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cooties

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've read whooping cough is all over the state this year. Everyone needs to be careful, and Owl's idea is with merit.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still would like to know what KISD does about lice.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just told you the policy on head lice. What else would you like KISD to do? Buy the treatments and pass them out? Better yet how about we have the nurses wash the kid's hair?

4. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    I just told you the policy on head lice. What else would you like KISD to do? Buy the treatments and pass them out? Better yet how about we have the nurses wash the kid's hair?
    My apologies. I did not know that you were a KISD authority. I thought that you were just posting an opinion.

If I had any say in the matter, the third time a child came to school with lice would be the time I would call the parent to come and pick the child up and not bring the child back to school until they had solved their hygiene problem. Yea, I know, we need to keep up attendance so we can get the State's largess, even if doing so endangers the population.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that they banned all lice from campus. Lice and their nits were told not to come.
    Happy now?

I mean seriously...the schools do what they can. They are proactive about it. The fact is parents send their kids to school with lice. If lice are found, then the kids are sent home.

Y'all say you don't want schools to parent your kids, but when we do what we can then y'all yell that we aren't doing enough.
    What WOULD make you happy?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

7. Thanks xzochye thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I don't want the school to parent the children. I want the school to force the parents to parent their children by not allowing repeat offenders on the campus until the parent can explain what they have done to correct the infestation.

If it only affected the children of those irresponsible parents, I could care less. However, it affects all children who have to come into contact with the infested ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooties

No, I don't want the school to parent the children. I want the school to force the parents to parent their children by not allowing repeat offenders on the campus until the parent can explain what they have done to correct the infestation.

If it only affected the children of those irresponsible parents, I could care less. However, it affects all children who have to come into contact with the infested ones.
    Not only the children of irresponsible parents get lice. Lice do not spread disease, personal cleanness hygiene and the cleanness of a school have no effect on lice. The school board sets its policy on lice according to local or state guidelines.

Best thing to do incase if lice is keep an eye on your own child and treat accordingly if lice is suspected.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post

Imagine, by reportable I assume you mean something similar to what you would do for whooping cough or measles? The answer is no, lice is not reportable. CPS doesn't even care if a child has lice. We had a few students about 10 years ago that had lice almost constantly and CPS said there was nothing they could do about that. Eventually the mom wound up shaving the 3 girl's heads. They were in 1, 3 and 5th grades.
    My bad for not being clear enough; I was referring to whooping cough about whether it is reportable or not. Lice are definitely hard to get rid of when you have a house full of kids; they just keep spreading back and forth. I don't think I had the lice when my kids brought them home, but my scalp felt itchy for weeks. At least my great-aunt was no where around us; her remedy was to give the hair a good old kerosene or gasoline rinse. It's a wonder some of us survived into adulthood. Or at least enough years to be considered adult.

11. Likes xzochye liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    My bad for not being clear enough; I was referring to whooping cough about whether it is reportable or not. Lice are definitely hard to get rid of when you have a house full of kids; they just keep spreading back and forth. I don't think I had the lice when my kids brought them home, but my scalp felt itchy for weeks. At least my great-aunt was no where around us; her remedy was to give the hair a good old kerosene or gasoline rinse. It's a wonder some of us survived into adulthood. Or at least enough years to be considered adult.
    Every time a kid in my grade level has lice I am running to the nurse for a head check! I swear I can feel them crawling just talking about them!

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If could force parents to parent their children, then more things would be turned in, there would be fewer behavior issues in class, and all teachers would have dedicated parking spots for their flying, rainbow unicorns
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2