Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: JUST Heights Football/Band/Dancers

Post Thanks / Like
    38 - 20 Knights, and the score wasn't that close. A bonehead bomb for a touchdown on third and forever in the 3rd quarter should never have happened. Heights was able to run the ball at will all night long. GREAT looking unies tonight! The bands were close in quality. The Screaming Eagles had better marching patterns, but the Red Brigade had better music sets. The Crimson Belles did their usual fine performance, but the Emeralds (IMO) remain the best dance unit in town. And their green and white unies with the white fringe are SO pretty! All in all an entertaining contest, except for the endless penalties that made the game last a long long time.

2. Thanks cuatro thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor Ellison.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never did mention the bands and dancers from the Shoemaker game. Same stuff from our band and dancers. They were working hard to get a final performance in before their UIL completion the next day. (They ended up receiving two 1's and a 2 on Saturday.) The Shoemaker band is very small in number, but they played big. A very nice performance. Unfortunately someone made a poor decision to have the band and choir perform the National Anthem together prior to the game. Band on the field, choir on the sidelines. Because they were miked, and because of the stadium's acoustics, the choir and band were so out of phase with each other that it was hard to listen to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking from one in the know...Band was not suppose to perform, band facing the scoreboard (sound delay), choir singing into a mic (another sound delay), and band director taking a ridiculous tempo all combined to a less that stellar performance. It will not happen again!

Post Thanks / Like
    So far all of the bands I have seen this year have been great. Of course I think SHS's band ROCKS! I am anxious to see Ellison's band. They always have a great show. I'm also curious about Midway's performance tomorrow night. I really don't remember their band from last year.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you I'd worry more about Midway's football team.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were you I'd worry more about Midway's football team.
    Not even going there..... I'm a realist! Lol
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a pasting the Knights took last night at the hands of Midway. I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs of district designations, but is 5A the best place for Killeen schools? Are we on the small side of population size for 5A? Our dancers did a kick routine that was nice, and they were dressed down in alternate warmup outfits. Their girls had about three times as many dancers as the Belles, were in full uniform, and looked great. Loved their poms! IMO we won the battle of the bands as far as sound, but our kids remained stationary the whole time. Both bands played only one song from their UIL sets, but that had to be because it was senior night at Panther Stadium. It took forever to introduce everyone, their parents, siblings, etc, etc, etc...!

Post Thanks / Like
    All in 8-5A are small for 5-A. Some schools have 6000+ students. Must be a real zoo.
    I don't know the exact size of all the schools in 8-5A, but most of them are in the 2300-2500 range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the numbers for the last snapshot for attendance for realignment by the UIL that was taken in October 2011:

Belton 2538
    Ellison 2512
    Harker Heights 2440
    Shoemaker 2307
    Killeen 2192
    Copperas Cove 2174
    Temple 2144
    Midway 2127

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignm...nroll-2012.pdf

The average enrollment for the 245 schools in class 5A is 2625 students.

The UIL district with the highest average enrollment was in district 10. Their average of enrollment was 4447 students. Schools in that district include Plano East (6015 students), Allen (5388), Plano (5314), and Plano West (4944).

The district with the smallest average enrollment was district 23. Their average enrollment was 2307. Those schools are in the Fort Bend area. The largest school in that district was Fort Bend Clements with 2659 students while the smallest in that district was Fort Bend Elkins with 2020 students.

The next smallest district in class 5A...you guessed it District 8 with an average enrollment of 2308.

And since we are almost to playoff time...District 7-5A, which is our Bi-District round opponents had an average enrollment of 2834 students. Duncanville leads the way as the largest school with 4008 students while Cedar Hill had the smallest enrollment of 2145.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast