Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm upset

Post Thanks / Like

I'm upset

Don't get me wrong I love my dog, and my cat, and the snake, and the rabbits in the yard, and the birds......I love creatures and want to do the best for them.

Our dog wasn't feeling well today. He was not eating, whimpering, and not very energetic.
    His nose was cool and wet, his tail was wagging, and I thought his stomach was upset. Maybe he found something in the yard and ate it that didn't agree with him or he's constipated for some reason.

My daughter researches on the internet and comes up with a twisted stomach? So my husband takes the dog to the After Hours Vet, after almost $ 600 worse of tests and x-rays, they conclude he ate something that didn't agree with him. He's home with pain meds. He ate some food and his almost back to his own self.

Yet I'm the one treated as if I didn't care about the dog.

I would have monitored him and if he turned worse took him in, if he stayed the same took him to the vet on Monday.

Am I wrong in thinking that we could have waited and saved the money unless he turned worse.

2. Likes Grammar Rules, CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have waited!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

4. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm upset

I would have waited at least 24 hours. Then I would make a decision depending on how severe he was the next day.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

6. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I used the same evaluation technique I use with my kids. Our dog is like one of our kids and I'd do anything for him, but all within reason.

8. Likes CenTexDave, The321, Sloane Peterson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That After Hours Vet Clinic is a freaking rip off.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10. Thanks Grammar Rules, The321, Sloane Peterson thanked this post
    Likes joyohjoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After hours are so over priced. I would have waited but like it's already been said Lady bug is like my child. I would be oh so worried.

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's doing better, eating a little, but not drinking as much as I like him too. You kind of have to coax him and normally he's drinking a lot. I'll hope he improves more by tomorrow.
    Cross you fingers.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm upset

Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's doing better, eating a little, but not drinking as much as I like him too. You kind of have to coax him and normally he's drinking a lot. I'll hope he improves more by tomorrow.
    Cross you fingers.
    Try giving him some Gatorade.

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that safe for dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm upset

Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that safe for dogs?
    Yes Gatorade and pedalyte (sp?). Both were recommended to me by Dr. Buckley when one of my dogs was sick and not drinking or eating. Had to squirt it in his mouth with a turkey baster....lol

BOYCOTT

17. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast