Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Building a High Fidelity Surround System - After a Home is Built

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice in my work in my opinion.. I don't do boys toys anymore at my age, a smart TV with a theater system works for me. I still hear high speed morse code and the mill typewriter clicking away and CQ CQ CQ from the ham bands with my tinnitus. But ANYWAY Nerd nice job You can always invite your neighbor over for a party and beverages of choice.
    I would LOVE to break the ice and invite 1908 over. His wife is so hateful and spiteful and leads him around by his nose, it would never work out.

The rest of the neighbors are coming over for "movie night" though.

Just wish I could get the German heffe weissen in a keg or a bit cheaper than $3.09 a bottle.

2. Likes circle_c liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I saw HEB with the small pony kegs for the frig. for around $20. Have a couple friends who order kits and make their own. Have a nice weekend Nerd.

4. Likes ClickaNerd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    Can I assume you were listening to the 400hz hum from aircraft components for 16 years?

In Germany, I was assigned to the 1st MI aviation battalion and flew in RC-12 for (3) years fixing a system called guardrail.

At the end of the day, my head was always buzzing from the equipment noises.
    Nice. Used to work on RC-12's, and RU-21's, for Beech and Raytheon Aerospace.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes ClickaNerd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    I thought I saw HEB with the small pony kegs for the frig. for around $20. Have a couple friends who order kits and make their own. Have a nice weekend Nerd.
    Or nerd could buy the complete kit, carboys, bottle cleaners, brushes, hundreds of bottles from me for $100.00 and he'd have that hobby everyone is clamoring for him to have.

8. LOL kantwin, ClickaNerd, cnjbond, CenTexDave, circle_c LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Or nerd could buy the complete kit, carboys, bottle cleaners, brushes, hundreds of bottles from me for $100.00 and he'd have that hobby everyone is clamoring for him to have.
    Somehow, knowing my personality - I would have the ATF digging into my operation in less than 30 days, should I get in the beer making business.

It would be some pretty good beer mind you ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Neighbors may think your shooting at 'em when a batch starts exploding after it's bottled and sitting on the self. Sure can wake you up in the wee hours of the morning.

11. Likes ClickaNerd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to go to my garage window once a long time ago and shoot all my wine bottles off the shelf because they were going off unannounced. What a mess. I guess the same can happen to beer.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

13. Likes ClickaNerd liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify..all this mumbo jumbo means "I have a nice stero system". Or would it be hey want to hear my 8 track system little lady.

15. LOL ClickaNerd, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetoread View Post
    Just to clarify..all this mumbo jumbo means "I have a nice stero system". Or would it be hey want to hear my 8 track system little lady.
    In a nutshell, I designed a sound system that sounds like a movie theater in my house.

Unlike all the crappy equipment with marginal sound and terrible wiring and craftmenship, mine is the Roles Royce version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2