Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: KISD School Records for the past 9 seasons

Post Thanks / Like

KISD School Records for the past 9 seasons

Since football is right around the corner I thought I would provide the records of the past 9 seasons. I go back 9 seasons because it is the first year that Sam Jones began his head coaching career at Killeen High School.

KHS 65-37 .637 winning percentage 6-5 playoff record

KHS has not had a losing season during the 9 seasons. Their worst record was 5-5 done twice (2005 & 2006). Highest win total in a season was 9 done twice in 2008 & 2009. KHS has been in the playoffs 6 out of the 9 seasons and is currently on a 5 year playoff streak.

EHS 35-60 .389 winning percentage 2-3 playoff record.

EHS has only 3 non-losing seasons during the past 9 years. Had 2 seasons of no wins. Highest win total was in 2006 with 8 wins. EHS made the playoffs 3 out of the 9 seasons.

HHHS 32-60 .348 winning percentage 0-2 playoff record. HHHS has 3 non-losing seasons during the last 9. The highest win total in a season was done in 2004 & 2005 with 6 wins. HHHS has been in the playoffs 2 out of the 9 seasons and made the playoffs last year.

SHS 23-68 .253 winning percentage 0-1 playoff record. SHS has 2 winning seasons during the 9 seasons. The highest win total in a season was done in 2004 & 2005 with 6 wins. SHS made the playoffs in 2008.

2. Thanks bbh thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for compiling and posting this information. This data suggests that the woes of KISD football must have more to do with "coaching" and program expectations than any other factor. Killeen HS faces as many socio-economic challenges as any school in our district yet has managed to put together an impressive record for a 4 high school town. As for the others, all three have a clean slate and we eagerly await the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jones is a good coach and always seems to have them prepared. Longevity pays its dividends.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Likes blueeagle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for compiling and posting this information. This data suggests that the woes of KISD football must have more to do with "coaching" and program expectations than any other factor. Killeen HS faces as many socio-economic challenges as any school in our district yet has managed to put together an impressive record for a 4 high school town. As for the others, all three have a clean slate and we eagerly await the results.
    Well said, they (KISD) took a coach (Sam Jones- coordinator) that had been in the area for nearly a decade and inserted him into the program. I would like to provide full disclosure, KHS was in 4A when it allowed only 3 teams to make the playoffs until about 3 years ago they would have likely been in the playoffs all nine years had that been the exception the entire time. They have also benefited a bit being in a relatively "overall" weak district over the last four seasons. On the other hand the district with Brownwood, Cove, Waco, and Midway prior to that fully made up for it. On the other hand the other 3 schools have been in "overall" districts as well aside from Cove (4 years) and A&M Consol for the longest time. This data suggests that the woes of KISD football must have more to do with "coaching" and program expectations than any other factor. I think this is a chicken or the egg argument, is the athletics here poor due to the coaching or is the coaching poor due to the investment made in the athletics? I think the coaching has been poor at the schools because it is hard to attract smart, energetic coaches that know how to build a program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who really cares when we have so many students that can't read and write. Can't make decent grades and people are worried about football. Go figure.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

8. Likes Imagine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Who really cares when we have so many students that can't read and write. Can't make decent grades and people are worried about football. Go figure.
    since this is a "High School Football" section of the forum I would suggest that NO you are correct...people here (in this particular section of the forum) are worried about football.

10. Likes Ifrit liked this post
    Saddened by Night Owl is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, Owl, we know how you feel.
    But I seem to recall you ad your expertise on college and NFL football. Where do you think those players learned the game?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

12. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They learned to play in high school and for many that was the only thing they learned. How many of those college and pro players make a decent living once the game is over? Most are broke soon after leaving the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RooDawg View Post
    since this is a "High School Football" section of the forum I would suggest that NO you are correct...people here (in this particular section of the forum) are worried about football.
    I notice that is about all some posters are worried about in this section, and some of those claim to be teachers. Wonder how many posts those teacher/coaches are in the education sections. Not many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    They learned to play in high school and for many that was the only thing they learned. How many of those college and pro players make a decent living once the game is over? Most are broke soon after leaving the game.
    That is very true. Just today read that Duante Culpepper, former Vikings QB and played for other teams in the twilight of his career, just had a house foreclosed.
    I'm not so sure it's the high school's fault though. Those tough college courses they take certainly don't prepare them.
    I remember one guy - forget his name - but he played for Texas Tech prior to Leach's Air Raid offense. Spike Dykes was probably the coach. This guy was a soph or junior, but he lead the NCAA in rushing that year. Couldn't wait for the draft. Wasn't back in school for the Spring Semester because Tech threw him out - had a 0.0 GPA for the Fall Semester.
    Oh, he was cut in training camp and never played in the NFL.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast