Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RICK what is the purpose of a forum?

Post Thanks / Like

RICK what is the purpose of a forum?

Hey Rick what is the purpose of having a public forum? I am just curious as to what your view is of what this forum should be? Why do we have so many people on here threatened or upset when people have differing opinions? Everything someone mentions does not have to be positive and vice versa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey "onetime" - my gut feeling is - rick is genuinely trying to be sensitive to the grieving families!

If he is trying to set the tone of a thread and it naturally takes a spin 20 different directions like gun control, speculation into the criminals intent etc., that is where website owners can stick their dick in a ringer.

I agree with you, rick can comment like everyone else. But attempt to steer or influence political correctness and troubles will always arise.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just too early yet to go political in any way on this story......it really hits close to home for some of us on this forum. There is time for that later.

The CTT family should remain respectful for the moment.

Also, please watch language. The level of any discussion, especially at a time like this, is lowered exponentially when gutter phrases are used. They are also not needed to make a valid point.

4. Thanks Rick, Grammar Rules, Mestral, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave, circle_c liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just too early yet to go political in any way on this story......it really hits close to home for some of us on this forum. There is time for that later.

The CTT family should remain respectful for the moment.

Also, please watch language. The level of any discussion, especially at a time like this, is lowered exponentially when gutter phrases are used. They are also not needed to make a valid point.
    I do really need to work on my language, I try to only comment when "Grammer Rules" is online, so she can correct me on the fly!

6. LOL Grammar Rules, CenTexDave, bbh, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Hey Rick what is the purpose of having a public forum? I am just curious as to what your view is of what this forum should be? Why do we have so many people on here threatened or upset when people have differing opinions? Everything someone mentions does not have to be positive and vice versa.
    Did I do something that angered you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    I personally enjoy the feedback on a lot of different topics. I am always curious how people think and why. I may not agree however I do respect their beliefs. We are all different and it shows. I read stuff here I would never hear otherwise. I do not feel threatened by others completely different view than mine. Sometimes in life I wish people would actually tell me what they really think instead of just going along with it. I really respect the people who use their own name and have the guts to express themselves to the whole community. The people who run for office because of their strong convictions and are willing to express it. People who take a stand. I like a lot of people on here and I don't know them. I admire the openness. Yes, I enjoy this forum and I Thank Rick and the others that help.

9. Thanks bbh, ClickaNerd, poundpup thanked this post
    Likes Grammar Rules, Night Owl, siamcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh View Post
    ... The level of any discussion, especially at a time like this, is lowered exponentially when gutter phrases are used. They are also not needed to make a valid point.
    You are correct. However, I have found that using the language of the people that you are attempting to address facilitates their understanding. Also, using the right word makes a point which otherwise might require a paragraph of explanation.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

11. Likes ClickaNerd liked this post
    LOL ClickaNerd LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could tell me that the precipitation was 100% in my area and I wouldn't follow you.

If you told me it was coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, I would totally know what you are talking about.

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a particular issue that started this thread? If so, I'm lost.

15. Thanks CenTexDave, SamBrown, poundpup thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's what I'm wondering.

Anyway, I'm moving to Admin Announcements.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast