Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RICK what is the purpose of a forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you, Mr. Lucky. I want different opinions as well, and this forum is a great opportunity in which to learn!

Differing opinions, though, also involve those that come as a result of what and how we post, and we need to be ready to accept that or leave. For instance, if I feel strongly about an issue and post lots of "negative" posts, I need to accept that someone else will come on and call me "negative"; they may say that they don't approve of my negativity. That's fine. It's their opinion, and why shouldn't they give their opinion? If I can't accept that, I can do one of two things.....I can stop making negative posts, or I can leave.

There was a recent exchange in which one poster said that another poster's negativity bothered her. She had every right to express her opinion about that poster's negativity, just as he had the right to be negative in the first place.

Rick, Scarlett, et al, are not and should not be expected to be our babysitters. They should and will make the call on what's inappropriate, but they cannot assure anyone that their feelings will not be hurt from time to time.

2. Likes Mr. Lucky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could tell me that the precipitation was 100% in my area and I wouldn't follow you.

If you told me it was coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, I would totally know what you are talking about.
    Follow me where???? Into the rain????

As long as we are in a thread about having/expressing differing opinions......I'll just say that I disagree that you needed to use the phrase you used in post #2 to make your point. I'll go further and say that, for me, it actually weakened your point.

I don't even believe that YOU believe it strengthens your point. If you believe it does, I suggest you use it early and often next time you are in Judge Adams's court.

By the way, we are having a good rain shower at my house! (Do I need to translate that for you? LOL)

4. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL ClickaNerd, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh View Post
    Follow me where???? Into the rain????
    If you believe it does, I suggest you use it early and often next time you are in Judge Adams's court.
    By the way, we are having a good rain shower at my house! (Do I need to translate that for you? LOL)
    Touche ...

6. LOL bbh LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nonetheless, I'm not getting anywhere near a ringer.

8. LOL bbh, ClickaNerd, SamBrown, The Torii Fox, gvls78 and 1 others LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If everyone would simply agree to buy my product below, your website can uniformly control commentary, and deliver an effective message in a nice way ...

click-a-nerd-idiot-spray.jpg

This is my feeble attempt a humor ...
    Last edited by ClickaNerd; July 14th, 2013 at 3:36 PM.

10. LOL bbh, Rick LOL'd at this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, I do need some o' dat...
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clickanerd, did you mean 'ringer' or 'wringer'? You young people use expressions that are often lost on me, but I would understand it if you meant 'wringer,' the dual rolling dowels with which old-fashioned wringer washers squeezed water and suds from laundry.

Painful if any body part were caught in the apparatus, for sure.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

13. LOL ClickaNerd LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    Hey "onetime" - my gut feeling is - rick is genuinely trying to be sensitive to the grieving families!

If he is trying to set the tone of a thread and it naturally takes a spin 20 different directions like gun control, speculation into the criminals intent etc., that is where website owners can stick their dick in a ringer.

I agree with you, rick can comment like everyone else. But attempt to steer or influence political correctness and troubles will always arise.
    I am not talking about the police officer, I meant in general, I am not insensitive to a person's death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    Clickanerd, did you mean 'ringer' or 'wringer'? You young people use expressions that are often lost on me, but I would understand it if you meant 'wringer,' the dual rolling dowels with which old-fashioned wringer washers squeezed water and suds from laundry.

Painful if any body part were caught in the apparatus, for sure.
    LOL ...

1) It was Ringer
    2) Rick said it NOT me

Most importantly please translate "Oh my, I do need some o' dat..."

I am versed in Ebonics, but may need to update to 2013 syntax ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
    I personally enjoy the feedback on a lot of different topics. I am always curious how people think and why. I may not agree however I do respect their beliefs. We are all different and it shows. I read stuff here I would never hear otherwise. I do not feel threatened by others completely different view than mine. Sometimes in life I wish people would actually tell me what they really think instead of just going along with it. I really respect the people who use their own name and have the guts to express themselves to the whole community. The people who run for office because of their strong convictions and are willing to express it. People who take a stand. I like a lot of people on here and I don't know them. I admire the openness. Yes, I enjoy this forum and I Thank Rick and the others that help.
    I agree with you, but I think if people actually used their own name it would water down their personal opinions on issues.

17. Likes Mr. Lucky liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast