Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Danica Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Danica Patrick

I've been saying this since she joined NASCAR.

From Sports Illustrated - "Currently, Danica Patrick is 27th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings and has one top 10 finish in 16 starts this season.

One former driver, Kyle Petty, says that is not good enough to be called a race car driver.

“She’s not a race car driver,” Petty said on Speed TV. “There’s a difference. The King [Richard] always had that stupid saying, but it’s true, ‘Lots of drivers can drive fast, but very few drivers can race.’

“Danica has been the perfect example of somebody who can qualify better than what she runs. She can go fast, but she can’t race. I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a race car driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver.”

2. Saddened by TheOldProgrammer is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kyle Petty should know, in 30 years in NASCAR, 829 starts, he had a total of eight wins. I guess it could be said that he could go fast, but he didn't know how to race.

I also think it's safe to say that he had a better teacher.

Not to mention, I doubt he looks as good in a bikini.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	danica-patrick-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-2009-09.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	3644

4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes TheOldProgrammer, Night Owl liked this post
    LOL TheOldProgrammer, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I am tempted to voice my opinion on Chief's post, I'll just consider the source and let it go like that... Though I have to wonder if he thought the same thing about Shirley Muldowney, Lynn St. James, Janet Guthrie and the other female racers currently in NASCAR, IndyCar, IHRA and NHRA...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There are those of us who are good fast drivers, who don't do well in a crowd. That was always my problem. If it was me against the clock or trying to lose someone (I was a dirt biker), I did well. But I couldn't race.

(And you would NEVER want to see me in a bikini)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

7. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, rk103 LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chief;272964“Danica has been the perfect example of somebody who can qualify better than what she runs."[/QUOTE]

actually, it seems to me like she runs better than she qualifies......she's beaten an awful lot of good drivers this year.....mac
    Last edited by TheOldProgrammer; June 30th, 2013 at 8:10 AM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    do any of you know what time and what network will be showing the race today? i can't find it anywhere on NASCAR....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    She really made a great racing show today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She really made a great racing show today.
    the next time you're on nascar, chief, look at all those guys she's ahead of.......some really good drivers are behind her......and not to just enjoy the view. they'd give a nut to be in her place and she in their place.......mac

12. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, she's a lap down, finished in the same spot she started and you're trying to make her out a "racer." She's all hype. If she didn't have her looks and marketing team, she'd just be another person on the track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yes, she's a lap down, finished in the same spot she started and you're trying to make her out a "racer." She's all hype. If she didn't have her looks and marketing team, she'd just be another person on the track.
    Are you not aware of some very fine drivers she whooped Sunday....and almost any Sunday?

15. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast