Thread: Cracked driveway

Post Thanks / Like

Cracked driveway

My poor cement driveway has cracks that are getting deeper and wider. Anyone have any advice for how I can fill/fix them myself? Budget is rather tight right now, so I'm hoping to avoid having to pay a repair person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to www.qcidirect.com, they have some products that may be of use to you.
    You might wish to try one called "Pli Stix Crack Filler". It is a rope like material and you'll need a propane torch to melt it.
    The ordering info is:
    Product # 511403. The price is $24.99. If you want to call, the number is 1 800 810 2340.
    Hope this helps.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

3. Thanks Imagine thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Lowes and get tubes of driveway tar.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    at home depot online it Pli Stix Crack Filler is cheaper and there is 2 sizes of it

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cracked driveway

Have you done a walk around and inspected your foundation? If things are shifting and cracking your driveway-I would keep an eye out for your foundation too.

9. Likes CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How wide and deep are these cracks?? Is there more cracking frequently, or just a few that keep getting wider?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Cracked driveway

I grabbed a jug of something that felt like thinly mixed cement with latex in it from Lowes and tried it on my driveway last week. It was 10-15 bucks I think, and covered several cracks criscrossing my driveway, ranging in size from pencil lead to a quarter inch wide or so. Too early to tell if it stopped the damage but it covered the cracks at least. I do need to touch up in a couple places. Cosmetically, the patch job is MUCH more visible than the cracks were. I wonder about the curb appeal a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Torii Fox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I grabbed a jug of something that felt like thinly mixed cement with latex in it from Lowes and tried it on my driveway last week. It was 10-15 bucks I think, and covered several cracks criscrossing my driveway, ranging in size from pencil lead to a quarter inch wide or so. Too early to tell if it stopped the damage but it covered the cracks at least. I do need to touch up in a couple places. Cosmetically, the patch job is MUCH more visible than the cracks were. I wonder about the curb appeal a little.
    Get a paint roller and cover the entire driveway with the stuff to hide the repairs. Just a thought. BTW: there is a business in town that will do such resurfacing on patios, driveways, and garages. They coated the drive at the church I attend and it looks very good.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post