Thread: My dog's jaw

Post Thanks / Like

My dog's jaw

I went outside to give my dogs some scraps. I gave the first one to Maddie who opened her mouth to eat it and yelped. I opened her jaw a little and she yelped louder. I took her away from the others and her disposition got better. She panted and even licked me. I rubbed her jaw and noticed one side had a hard bump and it felt like something like a very small pebble was loose in there. She even opened her jaw wide like something was stuck in the back of her teeth and she got a little apprehensive but didn't yelp.

When I put the dogs up for the night in the garage, she yelped again. I checked on her about an hour after I put them to bed and noticed the lining of one of her eyes was appearing on side of the bump and she seemed in pain.

I researched and found that she might have masticatory mysositis, which is where the muscles in the jaw are atrophy, but the bump on her jaw is throwing me off. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow but I wondering if anyone experienced something like this or knows about it. Any info would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddie is fine. The vet pulled out a chicken bone that was stuck in the back of her mouth. Her swelling went down when I picked her up and her mood had improved dramatically.

3. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like

My dog's jaw

Oh that's great!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency