Thread: Ever wonder what it means to foster an animal?

Post Thanks / Like

Ever wonder what it means to foster an animal?

Fostering by definition is the act of housing an animal and providing them with a loving environment until the time for their adoption comes.

When you foster an animal through PAWS you make a short term (length of time varies) commitment to an animal to provide them with a stable home, food & water, love and training. During this time the rescue searches to place the animal in the best suited home for the dog. We provide crates, medical care, guidance, training advice and a support group composed of other fosters and volunteers to help you with the fostering process. We get asked a lot, "isn't it too hard to see them go?", and while it isn't easy to watch your baby leave after loving them as one of your own, it is one of the most rewarding feelings knowing that not only did you save that animal's life, you opened a spot to save another one in their place. Please consider opening your heart and home to a foster animal today, because Pets Are Worth Saving!

2. Thanks poundpup thanked this post
    Likes poundpup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love animals, but I doubt my husband would go for it. He loves them too (especially his baby, our pup. I really have to quit calling him a puppy he's a full grown lab mix). The pics you posted are all adorable.
    Question, we have a dog and a cat. What happens if for whatever reason they don't get along after you agree to foster them. My dog likes most other dogs and my cat just shows disdain.

4. Likes PAWS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love animals, but I doubt my husband would go for it. He loves them too (especially his baby, our pup. I really have to quit calling him a puppy he's a full grown lab mix). The pics you posted are all adorable.
    Question, we have a dog and a cat. What happens if for whatever reason they don't get along after you agree to foster them. My dog likes most other dogs and my cat just shows disdain.
    Siamcat, if you decide to try and foster an animal and it doesn't work out we are more than happy to take him back. We understand that sometimes things don't work out the way we would like them too.

We also work with you to get you the type of foster that you would like (puppy, older dog, breed, gender.)

6. Thanks siamcat, poundpup thanked this post
    Likes poundpup liked this post