Thread: bug spray for dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Question bug spray for dogs?

I'm going to go camping this coming weekend and I have to take my dog. I heard of a all natural mosquito spray for dogs. But have forgot what it was/is. Can ya'll help me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Available at PetsMart: Only Natural Pet Herbal Defense Spray, a natural insect repellent spray that's safe for dogs and cats -- and their people! It contains no DEET, organophosphates or other dangerous pesticides, and it can even be used with puppies and kittens too young for other flea remedies. Only Natural Pet Herbal Defense Spray uses lemongrass, citronella, neem oil, catnip, and other natural herbal extracts to keep away every variety of annoying insect pest. Most people and pets don't mind the herbal-citrus scent, but insects definitely do! It keeps mosquitoes and biting flies off your pet's vulnerable ears, saving days of scratching and discomfort from itchy bites. Spraying your dog and your pant legs before your daily walk or a hike will deter ticks and reduce your risk of picking up those disease carrying hitchhikers.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. Thanks The321, poundpup thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig, you just wrote a good commercial.
    Sure you aren't the owner of that spray?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Thanks poundpup thanked this post
    LOL The321 LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lady Bug was such a good girl this weekend. We got a lot of rain Friday night and almost all of Saturday. but it cleared up. #sulfer springs campground.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lady bug.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	3523
    Last edited by The321; May 26th, 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd just make sure it does not contain DEET. While sprays with DEET are very good for repelling mosquitoes, your dog might decide it also tastes good and lick her coat.
    Topical applications help somewhat. Walgreen's own brand of "Frontline" works good for me, and is much cheaper than Frontline.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walgreen's own brand of "Frontline" works good for me, and is much cheaper than Frontline.
    You got fleas?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not any more.

10. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ludwig, you just wrote a good commercial.
    Sure you aren't the owner of that spray?
    I thought the same - I looked at who said it, because I thought they had money invested in the company LOL. Great write-up, Ludwig! Thank you.
    I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy. George Bernard Shaw
    BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER