Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Animal Control..dead dog

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Control..dead dog

A month ago I called Animal Control and alerted them to two dogs who are/were living in less than favorable conditions outside. One dog on a chain unable to go twenty feet, the other in a pen enclosure. No one came out to check on them. Today I was in the back yard and there laid the one on a chain dead. The other one in the cage seemed fine except for having to lay in his own waste. He has a dog house to lay sleep in at night. My husband went over and told them about their dog. The man said "which one". Give me a break if you really cared you would have fed them and taken care of them. It won't be long before the other one dies. I sent an email to Animal Control to let them know they failed that poor dog. Guess they won't give a tinkers damn about it as long as they didn't have to deal with it. No one answers the phone on Saturday. If you don't want to take care of your pets give them up. Why chain a dog up and give them no attention. Might add the dogs are not fed like they should be and the one that died was skin and bones.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

2. Saddened by Grammar Rules, The321 is saddened by this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about an email or web contact to ASPCA?
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call the cops...May not work, but I'll bet animal control will comeout on a Saturday.

Had the same problem at the airport many times. We'd get a stray out there about once a week, as 201 is a dump spot for PCSing families who can't afford or refuse to take theri dogs with them.

Animal control would not comeout, period, about half the time. When they did come, ittook hours and usually the dog was gone by then. We started putting them in the kennel at the airport used for police animals. When they came and told us that they would take the animals and then destroy them after a few days, we started taking them to Second Chance...Until we were told that city policy required they go to Killeen animal control. That stinks.

I believe if you call the cops with a "heath and welfare concern" and complain about smells, unsanitary stuff and such, they will come out. My understanding is that there is at least one animal control officer on call for weekend duty, but you won't get them unless you call through the PD first.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    The house next to me set vacant for several months when the owners PCS'd and a dog would wind up in the empty backyard occasionally. I am not sure how the dog got back there but I do know it belonged to the people that lived on the other side of that house. One time it broke on of the slats on the fence and bit one of my dogs on the nose. I called animal control but since it was after 5 their message said to call the police station. I called them and they basically said sorry there is nothing we can do. I was furious!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I called them and they basically said sorry there is nothing we can do. I was furious!
    Generally speaking, government at all levels can never do anything you want done. If its important, do it yourself.

8. Likes CenTexDave, poundpup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The house next to me set vacant for several months when the owners PCS'd and a dog would wind up in the empty backyard occasionally. I am not sure how the dog got back there but I do know it belonged to the people that lived on the other side of that house. One time it broke on of the slats on the fence and bit one of my dogs on the nose. I called animal control but since it was after 5 their message said to call the police station. I called them and they basically said sorry there is nothing we can do. I was furious!

That reminds me of the time there was a large dog loose around the time the little ones walked to school. He wasn't vicious, but he scared most of the kids. Called animal control and they weren't opened yet. Heard the same message and called KPD. They asked if he was biting or attacking the kids and I said no, at this point he's just scaring them. They said to call animal control after they opened. I spent the thirty minutes or so "protecting kids" until they got further down the road so they could get to school.
    He didn't appear mean and just wanted to play, but some kids are scared of dogs especially big ones. They would scream and run and the dog thought cool a game of tag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me, if you bust a cap in his butt, someone will come.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I could have said that he tried to bite a kid, but it was a nice dog and I'm not much for lying or shooting anything at animals for no reason.

13. Thanks poundpup thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just enrages me! I sometimes hate the human race. give the address and I will take a personal interest in making this person suffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    you got to love KPD. #goodfornothing

16. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast