Thread: Another Bomb Threat

Post Thanks / Like

Another Bomb Threat

Guess it's getting close to testing time.

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/hea...205623541.html
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Saddened by xzochye, siamcat is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus....yes...those darn tests are next week...be ready!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

4. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's getting close to summer vacation. It will get crazy. Once testing is over, all the kiddos will get stupid. Sort of an expected annual ritual.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

6. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Saddened by KilleenTexas is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I don't understand is how back in December Copperas Cove ISD and Police were very vocal about the individuals responsible would get the book thrown at them and that they would prosecute to the fullest. My understanding is that most (if not all the kids) involved were given a slap on the wrist in comparison to what could've or should've been. When there were the collegiate bomb threats at Texas A&M and Texas State University this year the culprits were given the third degree felony and locked up. I understand wanting to help rehabilitate young offenders rather than just lock them up but the whole situation was a game for them to see who would get caught last, but it seems like the lesson is not being learned. I'm not suggesting just throwing them into jail, but something has to give! We (fortunately) do not have this issue in Killeen ISD, and I can't understand why the kids involved would think this is a good idea.

8. Thanks Iteachtoo thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They probably think it is a good idea because 1.They got away with it 2.They were famousfor a short while and 3.The results and punishment aren't published in the paper or anywhere else.

The last thing I ever heard on this was that one or 2 of the perps had been caught, and "appropriate punishments" were administered. Not much of a deterrent when the rest of the kiddos don't see much of a repercussion and they get a few days off. Plus, they didn't lose an equivelent number of vacation days.

I mean, why not give it a try, right?
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever happened to tough love, it sure turned around a lot of kids in my days, even if we rode dinosaurs.
    "What you do, who you’re with, and how you feel about the world around you, is completely up to you."

Mike Rowe

11. LOL Yve, KilleenTexas LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had been wondering for quite a while what, if anything, had happened. I figured they were all put in alternate school and awaiting a court date. Now it seems not much of anything was done to them.
    One thing Cove has over KISD is that their school board is quietly a piece of crap. Biggest bunch of gold ol' boys you'll ever see.
    Parents need to start flooding the monthly board meetings and demanding answers.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Bomb Threat

I graduated cove back in early 2000's. When I was there, we had a few bomb threats over the years. They put us outside on the fields for a few hours, cleared the building, and let us back in to finish class. Now kids do it and they get rewarded a day off. Who's bright idea was that??
    The entire purpose of a bayonet is to bring a knife to a gunfight.
    One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right, but not enough to know you're wrong.
    Don't tell someone they're wrong. Explain why. If you can't, maybe you're the wrong one.

14. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fabulous administration.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember those back then. My son was in high school there and used to tell me about them. After roasting outdoors or everyone jammed in the gum, I guess the administrators decided to just let them go home for the day.