Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Good For Griner!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I misunderstood your post. I thought you'd said it was a for profit organization.

Not that it has anything to do with Britney Griner and her coming out of the closet as a Lesbian. Unless you are advocating some sort of litmus test for morality before being allowed to enter a Christian college. If that were the case, there'd only be a handful of students, and darn few professors. I don't think you are though.

Now I'm wondering if it is supported by taxpayers dollars like CTC...But I'd bet it isn't.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baylor is not supported by tax dollars, unless you count the indirect student aid some receive: Student Financial Aid, Pell Grants, GI Bill, etc.

Baylor University is an excellent institution. My great-great grandfather was on the faculty; my sister-in-law, my husband, our lawyer, and one of my cousins are Baylor grads, and I did some graduate work there. We LOVE Baylor! None of us are Baptists; in fact, they'll let 'most any sinner in. They will try to save you, though.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

3. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Non-profit my ass. They can claim that all they want, I supposed CTC claims it also. I used to work there - they are about as much non-profit as is General Motors or AT&T.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think GM helps you make your point.

6. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    LOL Grammar Rules, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hospitals, churches, educational institutions, organizations, all have to use money to pay bills, salaries, fund programs, buy supplies, etc. that does not make them for profit. Have any of you guys ever started a business? Had to pay franchise tax? Form a partnership or corporation? Started a charity and filed for tax-exempt 501c3 status?
    Once again, no one answered my question above. Dave and others are confusing taking in money and paying salaries with making a profit. If you had founded or owned a business (as my husband and I did) or filed paperwork for a non-profit (as I did--Parent-Teacher Org) you would have a better understanding of it.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still rememberback a few years ago (2002), when then-U.S. Representative Tom Delay spoke to some group of his constituents, and implored them to NOT send their kids to Baylor OR A&M, as both schools were no longer "conservative" enough for good Republican children to attend...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Texas+......-a087510398
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure that Griner made a good choice in an interview with ESPN. She stated that Kim Mulkey advised her to keep her sexuality quiet for the sake of recruiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I was Phoenix, I'd check her chromosome count.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by xzochye is saddened by this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7