Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: General Prepper's Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Note to anyone who is interested.

I am planning to resurrect my monthly private newsletter.
    PM me if you are interested,
    and if you are a liberal (by my definition), don't bother.
    Last edited by Mestral; September 7th, 2018 at 3:19 PM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

2. Likes ithoughtso liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Insignificance would be more better....sayeth the English major.....
    Yeah. What he said.
    That's much gooder.

4. LOL Mestral, Night Owl, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    Note to anyone who is interested.

I am planning to resurrect my monthly private newsletter.
    PM me if you are interested,
    and if you are a liberal (by my definition), don't bother.
    You need to burn copies of this video and attach them to your monthly newsletter
    https://youtu.be/izQB2-Kmiic
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    You need to burn copies of this video and attach them to your monthly newsletter
    https://youtu.be/izQB2-Kmiic
    No, I think most of my friends have already heard that.

Would rather attach this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgsb26SXvJw
    Last edited by Mestral; September 8th, 2018 at 7:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to some of the Conservatives on the radio, the New York Times is blaming Tropical Storm Florence...on President Trump.

Yup, the NYT says that the climate of Earth has changed THAT MUCH since he took office, to cause hurricanes and tropical storms to appear just like that...

Why, we might get hurricanes hitting the U.S. every year now...

Why didn't the NYT blame Obama for the hurricanes and storms that hit during his term of office?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

9. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... Saw that one yesterday. Supposedly, they are trying to link Trumps regulatory efforts on the storm saying that global warming is causing more hurricanes across the globe. This despite the fact that during the Obama administration there were proportionally more than ever before in the last 150 years. Makes me wonder who they would have blamed back in the 1800s for them. Probably the farmers and cattlemen for all those bovine farts raising global temps.

Now, if Hillary would have won, they would have said how hard she was working to prevent future hurricanes by imposing all sorts of new tree hugger friendly regulations that would kill the fossil fuel industry. Never mind that the hurricanes still happen mind you...

Now they have supposedly got some sort of tape (unreleased as of yet) with Trump talking in the WH where he uses the N word. Of course, it will not be released until right before the mid terms you know. Less time to verify, and it is probably a bogus deal like Kavanaughs accuser. ( Excuse me, supposed anonymous accuser).

These are the typical underhanded lies and phony BS the left tries in order to win, since they cannot win based on the demerits of their non platform. Make it about personalities and personal destruction rather than actual issues you know. Lie, cheat, steal, impugn to win. And if that doesn't work, shoot them when they play a baseball game.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Kavanaughs accuser. ( Excuse me, supposed anonymous accuser).
    i will not be s'prised if senator feinstein never ever never tells us who sent the letter to her......as a matter of fact, i will be very s'prised if she does.......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Little off topic, but then, hurricanes are something that preppers discuss.

Touches on the subjects of not getting flooded, dealing with power outages, and dealing with being stuck at home and not being able to buy anything at any store for a while.

Way back in 1996 (wow, has time flown) my brother asked me what I thought would be a good investment for the next dozen or so years. After thinking for a minute I said "FEMA." Since that was kind of nonsense, he pressed me for details. I said "anything having to do with disasters." If you aren't recovering from a disaster, you should be preparing for the next one.

Hurricanes have been on the up swing and climate change is real. (It is the audaciously narcissistic point of view that man can do anything about it that is phony bologna.) If you live in a place that has ever been flooded (in the past 1000 years) you should expect that it could be flooded again. If you live downstream from a dam, you should expect that it could be breached. In the future there could be (but no one is sure) more and worse hurricanes. And weather patterns could shift, so that coastal areas that haven't seen hurricanes in hundreds of years could see one.

Flooding is one the biggest killers in hurricanes in recent times, and it is an easy one to avoid. Move to where you won't get flooded. In about 3 hours of research, I can make a good estimate of the potential for flooding for anyone's house (assuming I can go there for the last of those three hours to look at it personally). Water is fairly predictable. What isn't predictable is how much of it someone may have to deal with, so it pays to be on higher ground than many people are.

Disease, parasites, and infections that can't be treated due to lack of medical infrastructure in the aftermath is another major killer. This is harder, but steps can be taken. I will deal with that one later, if requested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post

Hurricanes have been on the up swing and climate change is real.

actually, i've heard it said that there have been less hurricanes during the last 50 years than the 50 years prior. In addition, there have been less hurricanes from 1918 through today than there were 1818 through 1918. it's not correct to say that "hurricanes have been on the upswing because.........well because they haven't, but in any case, nothing that happens here on earth has anything to do with hurricanes or, as you suggested, climate change, anyway......

personally, I believe we have much more to fear from a Yellowstone volcano or a wayward meteor or comet than we have from a hurricane or climate change........mac

14. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    actually, i've heard it said that there have been less hurricanes during the last 50 years than the 50 years prior. In addition, there have been less hurricanes from 1918 through today than there were 1818 through 1918. it's not correct to say that "hurricanes have been on the upswing because.........well because they haven't, but in any case, nothing that happens here on earth has anything to do with hurricanes or, as you suggested, climate change, anyway......

personally, I believe we have much more to fear from a Yellowstone volcano or a wayward meteor or comet than we have from a hurricane or climate change........mac
    Mac I wouldn't worry about a Yellowstone volcano or a wayward meteor or comet as long as you continue to live in Killeen... the intersections of Central Texas Expressway and Stan Schlueter and Trimmier and Central Texas Expressway are more likely to take you out then any volcano, meteor and or comet...
    Last edited by Ricky; September 16th, 2018 at 12:00 AM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast