Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: General Prepper's Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    September is National Preparedness Month.

While the government promotes this for the sake of preparing for hurricains and snow or ice storms, there are many calamities that one should be prepared for. Some will last a few days, and others could take years to recover.

The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.
    Proverbs 22:3

And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
    Luke 22:35-36

Some of us often reference the B's of preparedness.
    This is just a shorthand for having the provisions you may need in any situation where normal civil infrastructure isn't working.
    http://www.everycitizenasoldier.org/...logistics.html
    Beans, Bullets, Bandaids, Batteries, etc
    Note that this article omits Books and Buddies, but includes Bullion, which I feel should be a limited provison.
    Also, Water and Shelter should be high on the list, but those don't start with "B"

I suppose we could expound on some of those.

And then there are the "3" series of statements.
    These aren't meant to be absolutes or precision, but just to order the priorities.

The Standard ones are that you can't go
    3 minutes without air,
    3 hours without shelter
    3 days without water
    and
    3 weeks without food.

Most of the Patriot Preppers add to that,
    you don't go 3 seconds without God,
    and you shouldn't go 3 months without contact with others of your civilization.

Some good links (along with the one above) are
    http://beansbulletsbandagesandyou.co...on-vs-reality/

http://www.backwoodshome.com/the-7-c...-preparedness/

A bit of a trigger warning, Selco lived through a siege, and doesn't do light reading.
    His stuff is PG-13, and some times R rated, for its frankness.
    If you doubt that we should read things like this, then don't read Lamintations, in your Bible.
    http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-pr...anger_12132013
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

While the government promotes this for the sake of preparing for hurricains and snow or ice storms, there are many calamities that one should be prepared for. Some will last a few days, and others could take years to recover.

The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

This is just a shorthand for having the provisions you may need in any situation where normal civil infrastructure isn't working.
    Note that this article omits Books and Buddies, but includes Bullion, which I feel should be a limited provison.
    Also, Water and Shelter should be high on the list, but those don't start with "B"

And then there are the "3" series of statements.
    These aren't meant to be absolutes or precision, but just to order the priorities.

The Standard ones are that you can't go
    3 minutes without air,
    3 hours without shelter
    3 days without water
    and
    3 weeks without food.

Most of the Patriot Preppers add to that,
    you don't go 3 seconds without God,
    and you shouldn't go 3 months without contact with others of your civilization.

Some good links (along with the one above) are
    http://beansbulletsbandagesandyou.co...on-vs-reality/

http://www.backwoodshome.com/the-7-c...-preparedness/

A bit of a trigger warning, Selco lived through a siege, and doesn't do light reading.
    His stuff is PG-13, and some times R rated, for its frankness.
    If you doubt that we should read things like this, then don't read Lamintations, in your Bible.
    http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-pr...anger_12132013
    The only thing I'm worried about is the trash truck that comes on Mondays always knocks my can over after he empties it... besides that life is wonderful.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

3. LOL fchafey, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Mestral; September 5th, 2018 at 1:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I knew, in the back of my mind, that I was neglecting at least one of the "B" words for prepping.
    I thought later, of Barter.

Again, I intend to expound on some of this later.

Post Thanks / Like
    For 25 years, Global Warming and "Anthropological Climate Change" have been "settled science" without a shred of evidence
    How many years was "The earth is flat" settled science?
    How many years was "The earth is the center of the universe" settled science?
    In time - it will come out that the insignificantness (Is that a word?) of man has very little to do with the earth's climate.

7. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    How many years was "The earth is flat" settled science?
    How many years was "The earth is the center of the universe" settled science?
    In time - it will come out that the insignificantness (Is that a word?) of man has very little to do with the earth's climate.
    Insignificance would be more better....sayeth the English major.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

9. Likes Mestral, Night Owl, kantwin liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked what someone once said about Earth having a self correcting environment.

And, I would love to know what environmentalists would have blamed the ice age on, or the relevance of the improvement when it melted down and gave us our current planet.

Some facts that many people are not aware of is that the sun goes through 11 year cycles of sunspots and warming followed by cooler temperatures. Or that the sun is actually growing larger as it ages, causing temperature rises. Eventually, the suns atmosphere will extend beyond the orbit of Mars. That means Earth will be hard boiled long before that. That is unless the left passes regulations forbidding the sun to expand.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

11. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    I liked what someone once said about Earth having a self correcting environment.
    The earth's environment is somewhat self correcting, as in adding CO2 to the atmosphere will result in higher rates of plant growth which will lower CO2. Things like that.

The climate is always changing and has some cycles we understand and some we don't. That is why I say it is like being on a roller coaster in a dense fog. We know changes will be coming but we don't really know what change, or when.

All the Left is doing is depriving us of the tools we will need to deal with the changes when they come. Witness the fires in California. Much of what burned this year should have been burned years ago, in controlled burns, and there should have been fire breaks and roads cutting the forests into areas where fires could be fought. Now it is too late, and I don't see any way to deal with what they have for an environment without doing deliberate burns that will definitely destroy a lot of property in the process.

I identified a trend back in the 90's that there would be an ever increasing number of disasters of ever increasing magnitude, for the foreseeable future. Of course, I was more optimistic back then. I thought others would see it too, and take steps to deal with it. No, we have witness people just burying their head in the sand, ever deeper. And blaming those who are trying to mitigate the problems the Left has left us with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Insignificance would be more better....sayeth the English major.....
    what is the difference 'tween "more better" and "better", asketh the English student?......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    what is the difference 'tween "more better" and "better", asketh the English student?......mac
    He was being Humorous.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast