Thread: Temple Parade of Homes

Post Thanks / Like

Temple Parade of Homes

The 2013 Temple Parade of homes will be 19-21 & 26-28 April. Last years was pretty good, I hope this years will be even better!

http://www.tahb.org/parade
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

2. Thanks JoAnn Purser thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It starts this week!!!! We're looking forward to seeing what Riley Scott has this year, they had some really nice entries last year.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone get out and see some of the homes? We are unable to this year, but the one on the cover of the brochure is really attractive. I also like the Riley Scott homes you mentioned. What is up with the Kasberg submission, though? Bob built us one when we moved back here in 1980, and it was better looking than what Tim has submitted (p. 17--Wharton Lane Belton.)
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    We saw most of the ones in Temple and Belton today. So far only the Riley Scott home (on pg 23) had the "WOW" factor going and even it was subdued compared to their showings last year. Kiella is really producing consistently nice, quality homes. Tomorrow we plan on hitting the ones in Salado and the Dewald home in Springs at The Escarpment in Belton. Overall the houses have been okay, we were surprised that the Carothers homes have even seemed to improve...although the craftsmanship could still use a little improvement in the small details.

I don't think we're planning on stopping by the Kasberg house, the picture and floor plan make it look like a modular home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly! A roof in another color would at least have offered contrast.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    We finished up checking out the rest of the homes in Salado and Belton and they were quite nice. Dewald did a good job with the Escarpment house, the outdoor entertainment was pretty cool.

We decided to go by the Kasberg house and were pleasantly surprised. It was COMPLETELY owner customized so you have to give him a little break on the oddness of it but overall it had some nice "bones" to it and you could tell the builder does quality work.

If you don't have anything to do next, I would recommend going out and taking a look...you might find a little inspiration for your own house.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good to know, since I loved the one we had years ago. Thanks.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember if I posted this somewhere else already or not but the dates for the 2014 Temple Area Home Builders Association is 25-27 April & 2-4 May.

"So far the builders involved are Carothers Executive Homes, Stillwater Homes, Arnold Builders, Kiella Homebuilders, EDC Homes, Dustin Dewald Homes, Omega Builders, and Riley Scott Homes!"

Post Thanks / Like
    It's that time of year again (for those who like the local Parade of Homes shows). Temple Area Parade of Homes dates are Apr 22-24 and Apr 29 - May 1 and the Killeen Area show dates are 9-10 May and 16-17 May.

11. Likes Grammar Rules, CenTexDave liked this post