Thread: Bulbs & landscaping

Post Thanks / Like

Bulbs & landscaping

So I bought a bunch of bulbs in the fall with the intent to plant them in pots. The hubby "cleaned" out the garage but moved my gardening stuff and then I couldn't find the bulbs. We found them this weekend, and I'm wondering if they're still good for planting. They are freesia bulbs, they are squishy and they're still firm. They've been in the garage, so they've been kept cool. If I planted these, do you think they'd sprout soon??

Also, do you know of any places in Temple/Belton can offer landscaping plans? I just want someone to take a look at our backyard and say "here's what to do". I don't need them to do it, I love working outside so I can do all that. Thanks for any help!
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel."
    - Homer Simpson

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earthscapes in Temple off West Adams has a landscape architect. I haven't been there in years, since we moved out to the woods and have the worst well water in the county. It will kill anything, so all I can use are Buffalo Grass and indigenous drought-tolerant plants.

http://www.earthscapestemple.com/
    773-4668

I hope your bulbs are ok. My experience with irises is that if they dry out and sit all winter, most won't come up.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulbs & landscaping

I planted some Iris bulbs after they sat in my garage for a year and about half of them came up.

I was looking outside yesterday and I have 4 or 5 Iris and about 8 Day Lillie's already coming up.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info about Earthscapes. My parents are coming into town over spring break, and my mother is OCD about landscaping, so perhaps if I mention this to her, she'll foot the bill. I know when they were down for Christmas the backyard of weeds was driving her batty.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel."
    - Homer Simpson

5. Likes xzochye liked this post