Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's going to get the Ellison job?

Post Thanks / Like

Who's going to get the Ellison job?

Just curious, the job closes or has closed recently, I think it is somewhat of a sleeping giant with a good deal of resources relatively speaking of course for the area and thinking of how the KISD schools are watered down. Couple of names I have heard just in conversation that have at least applied for the job or thought about it, David Gaskamp (OC from KHS), Richard Daniels (KHS), Johnnie Fair some san antonio school), David Winbush (San Antonio Reagan), and Rob Hagey (Heights) anyone have any other names to share? It is all in fun, knowing KISD they will likely hire out of state or somewhere else that's an uncommon practice based on past history. What if Coach Showers came back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you a talking about the CIS job? If so, the last two times that opened it went to a teacher on campus.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol no, as the head ball coach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the same David Winbush who, I believe, played at Ellison and then later for Univ of Kansas?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol no, as the head ball coach.
    Ohhhhhhh. Who cares? Lol

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Is that the same David Winbush who, I believe, played at Ellison and then later for Univ of Kansas?
    Sure is, played for their quarter final or semi finals team

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Ohhhhhhh. Who cares? Lol
    You should if you teach there, I think the head ball coach and principal have a large say in a positive or negative campus environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    You should if you teach there, I think the head ball coach and principal have a large say in a positive or negative campus environment.
    Interesting take on it I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know several assistant coaches are waiting to see who gets it. It will determine if we have a lot of job openings next year that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I know several assistant coaches are waiting to see who gets it. It will determine if we have a lot of job openings next year that's for sure.
    Typically, at most schools, especially KISD the assistant coaches stay. It is to massive a transition with to little pay to ask others to leave and others to follow. Now I do know that some coaches will be run off depending on how soon who ever it is gets the job and others will want to leave and pursue other interests particularly younger coaches or those without families or ties to the area. The Coordinators usually leave or take lesser roles, happened to (James) Showers when coach gray retired/fired last year. It will be a tough sell for anyone since they have wallowed in mediocrity as of late.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast