Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Rearranging things

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    LOL, there is no wedding. I am on a month to month basis so if I am not pleased, I'll look elsewhere.

2. Likes Night Owl, ClickaNerd, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickaNerd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It makes one wonder if web host providers give you max bandwidth until the wedding is over, then throttle bandwidth.

We use microsoft/bcentral/concentric.

Our servers are all cloud based, but depending on air temperature, the moons position in relation to the sun, and the number of hemorrhoids in the cloud managers bung hole that week, seems to determine the overall bandwidth and simultaneous TCPIP connections at any given moment.

Anyways, that has been my experience with hosting providers in the past 25 years.
    I know exactly what you mean, but it may be something outside the provider's control too. I notice, from time to time, that my other blog (which is so popular that sometimes I break out into two digits, base5, of readers) gets stormed with spam. And other times the storm dissipates. I would expect that sometimes providers get hit with something similar to a DDOS attack, and that would slow them down an awful lot.

Just a note, the base5 thing is a geek joke, but I don't know an emoticon to use for geek jokes.
    Last edited by Mestral; January 19th, 2013 at 3:50 PM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

4. LOL Night Owl, TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7