Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rearranging things

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I attempted the upgrade early this morning, backed up the database, and applied the upgrade. It all went well until I tried to go live and activate the "hooks" and it crashed. So I restored everything and will look into the reason it crashed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx Rick...It may just be me again, but the time lag when switching from page to page, or from new posts or forum to read a thread is about 20 seconds. It isn't 100% of the time, but pretty close to it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I haven't had those problems.

Has anyone had the "Are you sure you want to navigate..." popup since yesterday? I get it if I type something, then try to leave the page, but not when I just leave it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only get the "do you want to navigate" thing if I have written something. I still have a 20 second gap just going from page to page even if I don't write anything. Again it just may be my mega kludge computer. Never buy a Viao.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not in the last two days, and experience no delays today. hopping along good for me.

6. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it about 1 of 10.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten it twice today when typing a reply in the quick reply box. It's no big deal since I just hit "Yes, I want to leave." and my post shows up.
    Speedwise I've had little problems. When it's lagging I just think it's my connection because it happens on other sites too.

Post Thanks / Like
    And this time it posted without the message in seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've gotten it twice today when typing a reply in the quick reply box. It's no big deal since I just hit "Yes, I want to leave." and my post shows up.
    Speedwise I've had little problems. When it's lagging I just think it's my connection because it happens on other sites too.
    I get the same once in a while.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what it is today, but the site is acting a lot like the old site. Slow loads and errors. And it isn't just me, anywhere you see a double post, it is likely a server error that caused it. My system will come back with "are you sure you want to leave this site?" and no matter which button I hit it will attempt a double post. If I do it immediately, it will say "60 seconds required between posts," but if I am multitasking and don't see it right away, it will double post.

Update: and just to top it off, it did it again on this post.
    It makes one wonder if web host providers give you max bandwidth until the wedding is over, then throttle bandwidth.

We use microsoft/bcentral/concentric.

Our servers are all cloud based, but depending on air temperature, the moons position in relation to the sun, and the number of hemorrhoids in the cloud managers bung hole that week, seems to determine the overall bandwidth and simultaneous TCPIP connections at any given moment.

Anyways, that has been my experience with hosting providers in the past 25 years.

12. LOL siamcat, Mestral LOL'd at this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast