Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Here I go again...

Post Thanks / Like

Here I go again...

Okay, so here I go again. I am starting a new project in my kitchen. I am using the Lowe's product to recover my countertops. I will be doing this tomorrow. I hear great things about it. Basically it gives the look of a new countertop for a 10th of the price for those of us who have UGLY countertops, but cannot afford new ones at this time. I am also pulling off the backsplash (if you can call it that) and will be putting up a new one shortly after doing the countertops. I don't want to mess up the countertops later by pulling the backsplash off.

I also want to cut a pass through from my kitchen into the living room, but know there has to be wiring in there. Any advice on this? Thanks. I will post pictures after I'm finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    How big is the pass through? If electrical has to be moved then you will need to hire the electrical work out to a qualified electrician.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, so here I go again. I am starting a new project in my kitchen. I am using the Lowe's product to recover my countertops. I will be doing this tomorrow. I hear great things about it. Basically it gives the look of a new countertop for a 10th of the price for those of us who have UGLY countertops, but cannot afford new ones at this time. I am also pulling off the backsplash (if you can call it that) and will be putting up a new one shortly after doing the countertops. I don't want to mess up the countertops later by pulling the backsplash off.

I also want to cut a pass through from my kitchen into the living room, but know there has to be wiring in there. Any advice on this? Thanks. I will post pictures after I'm finished.
    Can you take a picture of the product you are using too? Also, don't forget the before pics!

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided against the pass through based on the fact that there are 2 plugs, a light switch, and a light plug above. I figured I'd regret it as soon as I put the first hole in the wall. I've decided on a nice back splash and a nice clock over the sink.

Yes, I took before pictures, and can most definitely take a picture of the product. I bought it at Lowe's. I cannot post pictures until I get my own laptop back. It is in for repairs (still under warranty thank goodness). I will post as soon as I get it back. I am a little scared about the project, yet excited! I love doing jobs around my house.

My dad said I may need spacers for the light and plug outlets to make them flush with the back splash. I think I need a handyman/electrician who is inexpensive yet good at his or her job.

Post Thanks / Like
    The title reminded me of the Whitesnake song, "Here I Go Again"....yeah that's about all I had to add to this thread, carry on.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

6. LOL engteach64 LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0277.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	3183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0275.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	3184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0276.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	3185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0285.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	3186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0278.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	3187

I was only able to attach a couple pictures. This doesn't work like it does on my computer, so I'm playing here. You'll notice the beautiful countertops in my house, and realize quite quickly why I am changing them.

The third pictures is turned on its side. That's actually the cabinet minus the laminate "back splash." I've pulled a bunch of the back splash off, and have removed the mirror above the sink. Gradually removing laminate from the walls every time I go into the kitchen.
    Last edited by engteach64; December 30th, 2012 at 1:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and you will also notice in the first picture that my dishes are indeed clean!

9. LOL cnjbond, siamcat LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My kitchen counters are in good shape (just some cheap laminate but it works), it's the cabinet doors that are a mess. They didn't put enough waterproof stuff on it and by the time we realized it the damage was done. Hubby sanded them once and refinished, but you can't sand them anymore. We really don't like painted doors, but we can't afford new ones.
    Any advice?
    Sorry engteacher for latching on to your topic. Good luck and I definetly want after pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    The product I'm using also has one for kitchen cabinets. Check Lowe's for it, you may find you will be able to use it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The product I'm using also has one for kitchen cabinets. Check Lowe's for it, you may find you will be able to use it too.
    Thanks, I will. What is the company called that makes it? I couldn't tell from the pic.
    Last edited by siamcat; December 30th, 2012 at 8:00 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast