Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed handgun classes

Post Thanks / Like
    I say all this concealed handgun talk is a waste of time in the KISD thread. Does anyone really believe that the board and Dr. Mueller will ever approve of KISD teachers packing on campus? No way, no how. Never.

2. Saddened by macs is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by corgifan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say all this concealed handgun talk is a waste of time in the KISD thread. Does anyone really believe that the board and Dr. Mueller will ever approve of KISD teachers packing on campus? No way, no how. Never.
    I absolutely agree. I'm getting my CHL tomorrow because it's being offered for free to all teachers. I'm not getting it because I think I'll ever be allowed to carry at school. I cannot imagine KISD allowing it.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

4. Saddened by macs is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    too easy, corgi, it's like saying man will never stand on the moon. you'll never know till you you ask him....and of course, there's the old saw that goes, sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.....but i'd at least give the guy a chance.....wouldn't cost you a dime.......and getting permission doesn't mean you have to start packin'....it just means that if yoiu wake up some morning with a terrible feeling or intuition that you may pack to school if you want to. i don't think any of us out here are saying that some of you have to pack....we're only sayhing, i'm only saying that you should have the right to....mac

Quote Originally Posted by corgifan View Post
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

6. Thanks macs thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We also need to address the fact that you can button up every elementary campus like Fort Knox, but a motivated killer with a semi-automatic weapon has fields filled with hundreds of kids during lunch recess, smaller fenced in playgrounds filled with pre-k and kindergarten students, and 50 to 100 kids transitioning to and from the relative safety of the campus building and the physical education buildings like clockwork every 45 minutes or so, this last literally all day long.

Post Thanks / Like
    If KISD did allow teachers to carry I wonder how many actually would? I doubt the numbers are as high as some would like to think they would be.

9. Likes macs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    If KISD did allow teachers to carry I wonder how many actually would? I doubt the numbers are as high as some would like to think they would be.
    I wouldn't hesitate.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

11. Likes macs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i s'pect it would be a very small percentage on any given ay....but it doesn't matter. that's the beauty of it. the perp doesn't know.....he doesn't know what he's gonna face when he walks through that first door with his ...gear. the one in connecticut had to shoot the glass out by the front door to reach inside and turn the knob and get his gear inside. the principal who was in her office just inside by the door came "out front" to see what was happenin', saw all the guns and every thing and wound up throwin' her body at him instead of 120 grains of hot lead....mac

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

13. Thanks macs thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter what happens, there will always be a "what if." There is always a question that someone could have done something. If teachers carry weapons, then the questions would be, "what if the teacher with the weapon had been there..." Someone will always get hurt. I personally don't want to be the person to have to shoot a child, no matter how misguided, but what if...

Post Thanks / Like
    there's also this to consider. when do you shoot? when you see the weapon? after the first child is killed....when he aims at you.....when do you pop the cap....mac

Quote Originally Posted by engteach64 View Post
    No matter what happens, there will always be a "what if." There is always a question that someone could have done something. If teachers carry weapons, then the questions would be, "what if the teacher with the weapon had been there..." Someone will always get hurt. I personally don't want to be the person to have to shoot a child, no matter how misguided, but what if...

16. Likes corgifan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't blame a lot of teachers for not wanting to carry that responsibility. It's your call..that and the districts.

I can carry, and seldom do unless I'm travelling to some place I am not familiar with, or feel uncomfortable in. It's just another option. Still, having a ready, armed alert team of professional officers in the schools would be an improvement. In the case of a nutbag shooting at the kiddos, a team like that could be the difference between one child being shot, or dozens.

It would be just as bad to have a teacher use his/her gun and find out it wasn't necessary as to not have them have one when it is needed.

Having a gun is a big responsibility, and not to be taken lightly, but only to those who are responsible citizens. All the same...you never need a gun until you DESPERATELY need one.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

18. Thanks Ramses thanked this post
    Likes FieryPrincess, Ramses liked this post
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast