Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Back Pain & Inversion Therapy Chairs

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOH? Amazon huh...I need to see if I can find that. The EMPI folks charge like $600 for a 20 pack. Please tell me more.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for all the tips and advice.

The chair that we bought is supposed to be easier on the body than inversion tables. We may have wasted our $$$, but we were desperate. If my husband could take Ibuprofen, etc., it wouldn't be so bad, but he can't because of the prior issues with a bleeding hole in his stomach that NSAIDS caused.

http://www.amazon.com/Health-Mark-IV...+for+back+pain

This is the one we bought. It was delivered Thursday, but we haven't had the time to put it together yet. Will try to do so tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you guys know what we think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...Pretty neat. I also checked out those TENS electrode pads on Amazon, and they are about 1/100th the price EMPI has been ripping me off for. I owe TF a brew. Shoot, a six pack. (Off duty of course bro).
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the same boat with NSAIDs because of my diabetes. Between that and work I couldn't take more than OTC Tylenol. I guess my doc changed her mind because I am now allowed nearly ranger candy strength ibuprofen and it helps some. Lol ST I'm glad to help. My experience with the cheapo electrodes are that they are REALLY sticky, and start to deform just a little after repeated use, long before the adhesive wears off. I've only gone through about two sets in the last couple months. Otherwise they seem to work just like the set that came with the machine. My machine was issued by the VA but retails for about $20 or so online, much more versatile than some I've looked at. My wife swears by the occasional deep tissue massage and she has a spinal injury courtesy of OIF, but I'm dubious about the benefit for sciatica.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those electrodes don't sound any dfferent than the expensive ones i've been getting. They last about 5 to 10 uses.

The machine S and W issued me cost over $400, and the pads are outrageously expensive. From the prices I saw on Amazon, I could buy a thousand for what EMPI is charging me for 40.

Thanx for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, as long as this conversation has lots of people with experience:

My pain isn't as bad as most of you, so I can block that out mentally and just deal with it.

What I have a little trouble with is that sometimes when the nerve pinches, the muscles in my leg contract just as though I were telling them to, and at other times some parts of my leg just loose sensation (I say they "go missing"). Which of these treatments might be the best for those symptoms?
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those don't sound like sciatica. I have never lost sensation in a leg, darn it, and the twitching nerves thing is a new one on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife has had two back/neck surgeries and they were about 20 years apart. Having back surgery made it so she was able to walk with no pain. The docs have you and walking the day after surgery and out in less than a week. DO NOT use Metroplex.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those don't sound like sciatica. I have never lost sensation in a leg, darn it, and the twitching nerves thing is a new one on me.
    Yeah, its sciatica. I've had it for 30 years. In me it affects both the sensory and motor control. The sensory nerve has begun to atrophy, and what I fear is if the motor control does the same.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Back Pain & Inversion Therapy Chairs

Funny nerve story: I was using the tens unit for the first time in a while and had it over the lower right side of my back. Of course, as a guy, I was messing with the dials on the thing, And cranking the settings up. I must have hit a perfect frequency or something because I felt a sudden jolt go from the electrode pads all the way down to my right knee, and quite without my permission my right leg just straightened itself out. Almost spilled my beer. The moral of course is "don't rest a beer on your leg when playing with electricity".

11. LOL sojourner truth, Mestral, bbh LOL'd at this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4