http://www.uilforms.com/regions/8/CA... 2012-2013.htm
    UIL band schedule is listed here.
    Apparently, it was a UIL event.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know.
    There is another big one in Round Rock this Saturday. These bands work harder than the football teams.
    Why would single out football? You must have a thing against football teams and coaches. How about basketball, baseball, etc.? They work harder than lots of people, including you lol. I get a kick out of reading your stuff. Its you! I have always been impressed with the band. The students and sponsors work hard at the games. I am impressed with Harker Heights band, also.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Pride of Cove Band

Don't think he meant anything negative by the comment. He was just stating that band works hard.

PS while baseball and basketball hard their practices are nothing like football's. Im not going to say they are not harder but they are longer and more intense. I know because my son plays all 3.
    Last edited by xzochye; October 28th, 2012 at 5:41 PM.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think he meant anything negative by the comment. He was just stating that band works hard.

PS while baseball and basketball hard their practices are nothing like football's. Im not going to say they are not harder but they are longer and more intense. I know because my son plays all 3.
    Yeah, I get in a hurry. I didn't mean basketball and baseball compared to football. I meant why compare band to football. Band could be compared to any sport so why pick football but to be frank, why compare at all. I think all the kids and programs work hard and deserve many accolades for being involved. Instead of saying your activity works harder than another activity when it involves children, I personally don't think is appropriate but it is his opinion and he is welcomed to that. I hope we all see it that way because we need to elect leaders who will keep our great country free. Blessing to each of you.

5. Likes xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I checked the band didn't play at volleyball, basketball, soccer and baseball/softball games.
    Also don't think they make the track meets either. They may be present for the bowling, golf and tennis matches.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wtg to the band and their director.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone did a study once where they hooked up things to a drum corp kid to follow the body systems. At the end of the 10 minute show, the kid's body was reading as if it had just finished a marathon.

Granted, some of those drum corps kids work harder than the marching band kids, but I am sure it is close - even more so in a bazillion degree heat on the asphalt.

Besides, no matter who is working harder than whom, the football kids aren't expected to do all of what they do and play in tune at the same time.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

10. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point I was trying to make is they are at the football games. They have to load up a trailer full of their instruments after the game. Back to the school to unload it. Then during UIL competitions they are at the school early (6AM is not unheard of) to trek miles to the competition (load, unload, load trailer again). They are out on the hot asphalt in the parking lots during summer practice doing two-a-days just like the football team.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cheer your post, CTD.

The band for my alma mater met at their band hall at 4:30AM this last weekend to head to the Area competition. Had they made the finals, they would have been at the competition until past 10 at night.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

13. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2