Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: First Game Tomorrow at Hood Stadium

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, Hood Stadium should be designated "home field" for Shoemaker and Harker Heights and let Buckley Stadium be designated "home field" for Killeen and Ellison (or swap Heights for Ellison). No dreaded Thursday games and all is happy in KISD land.

I'm not denying that Fort Hood is part of KISD I'm just saying that KHS shouldn't have to play their biggest game of the year on an alternate site.
    I believe it will be considered home for SHS and EHS next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard so much griping about what should be a good thing. Everyone complaining about Pritcherd Field should see if a bond election will pass to build stadiums at all the Killeen High Schools. I guarantee it won't pass.
    So what would you rather have, Pritcherd Field, or nada. I only hear parents complaining. What do your kids have to say about this.
    Now your complaining about who will cut the grass. It's not going to be you, so why complain?
    Killeen isn't a one high school town any more and Fort Hood, as part of KISD, has made an excellent venue for high school football, you should be thankful. You could be playing in parking lots the way the city is growing.

3. Likes just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the last line of Agent X posts. There is no reason that the scheduling couldn't have been worked out to have Killeen play this game at Leo Buckley. There's a reason teams fight for home field advantage for the playoffs and this will be a playoff type game for the Roos. You know where every little divot, soft spot, slippery spot, hard spot and bald spot is on the field (maybe not so much with turf but you get the drift) and you use it to your advantage. Next year, the other team gets that same advantage. I'm not knocking Hood stadium, I just think the Roos should've been at Leo Buckley for this game...but who knows, maybe KISD will give away free or discounted tickets to the game for military and the Roos end up with a huge crowd cheering them on and then they pull off the upset!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of the gripes about Hood's new stadium is lack of atmosphere. Leo Buckley is a tried and true atmosphere for high school football in Killeen. Hood Stadium is new. In time it will take on the same I hope.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the majority of the complaining (on here anyways) is from people that haven't been there. When I was at the game last week I didn't hear any complaints. Not one. Of course there were 100's of people that I didn't speak to but the 20 or so that I was sitting with all liked the place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I have never heard so much griping about what should be a good thing. Everyone complaining about Pritcherd Field should see if a bond election will pass to build stadiums at all the Killeen High Schools. I guarantee it won't pass.
    So what would you rather have, Pritcherd Field, or nada. I only hear parents complaining. What do your kids have to say about this.
    Now your complaining about who will cut the grass. It's not going to be you, so why complain?
    Killeen isn't a one high school town any more and Fort Hood, as part of KISD, has made an excellent venue for high school football, you should be thankful. You could be playing in parking lots the way the city is growing.
    Good question. Personally, I would say go Leo Buckley for all games, because it is a safety issue for players and fans. Grass field is fine but lights are not positioned properly for football and stands have both teams fans on one side. Even though I don't like Thursday games, I would choose that over Hood Stadium.

9. Saddened by Scarlett is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Good question. Personally, I would say go Leo Buckley for all games, because it is a safety issue for players and fans. Grass field is fine but lights are not positioned properly for football and stands have both teams fans on one side. Even though I don't like Thursday games, I would choose that over Hood Stadium.
    There didn't appear to be any issues with the lights last Friday. As for the stand issue...well...it was a non-issue. Separate entrances, seats, bathrooms, and concession stands.

I enjoyed it when we played there and I will be happy if that is our home stadium next year. Heck it took me all of 5 minutes to get home! That rocked! Okay, more like 10 minutes to get home since I had to deliver all of my son's friends to their house too....lol.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off the topic of Hood's new stadium, but I often wonder why KISD did not just add another set of bleachers at the fields at HHHS, Ellison and Shoemaker. They have concession stands and plenty of parking.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Off the topic of Hood's new stadium, but I often wonder why KISD did not just add another set of bleachers at the fields at HHHS, Ellison and Shoemaker. They have concession stands and plenty of parking.
    I wish each varsity team played at their home campus like JV does. But as you mentioned that would require adding more bleachers. What better way to have "home field advantage" than to play at your school.

14. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    What better way to have "home field advantage" than to play at your school.
    Excellent, Excellent, Excellent quote. That is my biggest gripe...KILLEEN HIGH SCHOOL has to LEAVE the campus of KILLEEN HIGH SCHOOL to TRAVEL ACROSS TOWN (AND ALMOST TO COPPERAS COVE) to play a game VERSUS BELTON.

I AM ALL FOR KISD schools (all of them) to play at Hood Stadium against each other. I am even for folks that want to say that Hood Stadium should be the home of Shoemaker and Ellison or Heights. Go for it!

I just don't like the fact that the Killeen High football team has to play a "home game" there against a team from another town...(and it being a direct effect of their playoff opportunities)...

16. Thanks gvls78 thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave, cnjbond, corgifan liked this post
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast