Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: First Game Tomorrow at Hood Stadium

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondKing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am pretty sure Evants field may be available. At least they have locker rooms and bleachers on 2 sides.
    Evant: http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=80

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post
    Cool.....do they have locker rooms?

Post Thanks / Like
    KISD as talked about building a 5th high school(though there doesn't seem to be the high enrollment to make that necessary). That might be the reason for talk of another stadium. I see no reason why 4 schools cannot play at 1 stadium with Thursday or Saturday night games. It isn't fair to the kids to put them at a stadium that doesn't have the amenities a full stadium has. If that is the case, as few people as attend the games have a few of the Shoemaker games at their hs field and a few of the Heights games at their field.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then both teams need to agree to not hold the game there.
    Face it, the middle schools around here have better facilities and playing fields.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at the football schedule for all the schools and it appears all 4 KISD schools will have home games at Hood Stadium. Now the grumbling will really start.

Post Thanks / Like
    The high school coaches are just scared to sound off about this.
    Beaver posted that link for Evant's stadium. Evant plays 6-man ball and has a better stadium than that piece of garbage on Ft. Hood.
    KISD may con their schools into playing there, but if I was Cove, Temple, Belton or Midway I'd tell them to stuff it - we ain't playing there.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure KISD is paying to play there. It is a joint effort but I am sure we rent it since construction was paid for by the army. On post schools are built by KISD and land is rented for a dollar. Not the same with the stadium. Army is probably paying for electricity and water.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is that Killeen has HOME games schedule with Cove and Midway and BOTH will be played at HOOD STADIUM instead of their own backyard on campus. Someone please tell me that the district wants KHS football to be successful.

9. Saddened by cnjbond is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole thing makes no sense. Turn out for KISD games is already terrible. I can see it dropping even more for games played at Hood Stadium. Katy ISD has 6 or so high schools that play at one stadium. There is no reason Buckley cant be used Thursdays and Fridays. If anything, just use it as home field for Shoemaker, its is much closer than Buckley. Something is fishy about this entire setup

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RooDawg View Post
    All I know is that Killeen has HOME games schedule with Cove and Midway and BOTH will be played at HOOD STADIUM instead of their own backyard on campus.
    That is just plain STUPID!! Did they use Stevie Wonder and a dartboard to determine the schedule of where games would be played?!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

13. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast