Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Games tomorrow night

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Midway will win but this game will improve the Dawgs. The Cove team is growing week by week and this will help them prepare for the playoffs, but yes Midway will win. Midway should win the district. 8 of the starters are back on both sides of the ball from last year's state championship team. The one thing about Cove is they play big in big games.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to compare teams that play common opponents.
    Midway put up 63 on Temple. Temple put up that many on Shoemaker, but gave up a ton to Shoemaker. Cove put up 45 on Shoemaker but limited them to 6.
    But the thing that sticks out in my mind is that Midway beat A&M Conso, a team Cove lost to by the score of 31-20. But then A&M beat the #1 ranked team in the state in Lake Travis, although Travis was obviously overrated.
    Will be interesting to see how this district plays out.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starting to look like the key games in district will involve Cove, Temple and Midway. Belton should make the final playoff spot.
    I have seen Belton...they will not make the 4th playoff spot...I predict the Roos will beat Belton and make the 4th playoff spot...Belton has limited speed on the defensive side of the ball...if they don't put up points first they are going to be in trouble...

I can't wait for the Cove/Midway matchup....that is going to be the game of the district and I think its going to be a great one...
    I picked Midway to win the district but I can't even decide who will win that game after seeing both teams...i just know that game is going to be great...

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that Midway is definetly the team to beat for district. Kind of funny all the hub bub that Lake Travis got moving up to 5A...Midway may be the former 4A school that really makes a splash on the 5A scene. I believe Temple will be in second place. After the disaster they had at Midway, they are going to be playing to prove something....the old Temple isnt back yet and may never truely come back, but they will be a force to be dealt with.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you're picking Temple to beat Cove?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do believe Temple will beat Cove.....that being said, lets see how Cove performs against Midway this Friday night.

8. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW. I am a true KHS fan....been going to the games since I was a little boy in the early 1960's. While I am not a Cove fan, I have been to a few Temple/Cove games over the years and I always am on the Cove side, backing them to win. Got to support the neighborhood so to speak....and Temple used to be our true arch rival.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I think Midway will also beat Cove.
    I think Cove will beat Temple.

Post Thanks / Like

Games tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I think Midway will also beat Cove.
    I think Cove will beat Temple.
    If Cove doesn't beat Temple I will be pissed!!!
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

12. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. So will I.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast