Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: District 8-5A Scores

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am ready for district games to start. Next week is SHS's off week and I think we may have to pick a game to attend...lol.
    Only if you don't wear your black spots.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we will see how District 8-5A teams stack up this week, they open district play. Killeen has too much fire power for Cove. But Cove will compete. Should be a good ball game!

4. LOL Night Owl, cnjbond, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I agree with that statement. I was reading the Texas High School 5A threat about district 8-5A. I get a kick out of how people act like they know more than the coaches. One guy wants to start controversy about who gets the ball the most. Why isn't this guy or that guy playing, or running the ball or passing the ball? It is funny and it happens all across the country. You know the best players never even got on the field or court because their momma said something to the coach and the coach would not let the player play. I have fun talking like I know something but I appreciate the hard work of all the area coaches and believe we are lucky to have such quality coaches in the Killeen-Belton-Temple-Midway and Cove area. Sure we might second guess but Saturday morning quarterbacks can always get it right. I am ready for district 8-5A to start.

8. Likes xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am excited! It is going to be a busy next 7 weeks for me since I will be attending the JV and Varsity games!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where does your boy play?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Where does your boy play?

SHS

Post Thanks / Like
    Pssstttt..........................................
    Hewitt Midway is gonna win 8-5A.
    Cove lost to A&M.
    Midway beat A&M.
    A&M beat #1 ranked Lake Travis.
    And Cove gonna beat Killeen.

13. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Pssstttt..........................................
    Hewitt Midway is gonna win 8-5A.
    Cove lost to A&M.
    Midway beat A&M.
    A&M beat #1 ranked Lake Travis.
    And Cove gonna beat Killeen.
    I'm not for sure about Cove beating Killeen. The Roo's have too much speed. Two of their current varsity coaches said they should win by 10-14 points. They said the Roo Defense would shut down Cove and their kicking game has too much speed for Cove to contain. I have seen Cove play and I think they are pretty impressive. Should be a good game.

Post Thanks / Like
    That Roo defense has given up a ton of points so far this year. Cove has speed to burn. They come at you with 3 different RB's, and then the QB runs one. And this team is a little different than the last two years - this QB can even pass!!

The only weakness I really see in Cove is their kicking game. The kid can boot it a mile on kickoffs but misses extra points. His punts can go 50 yards - either down the field or straight up in the air.

That loss to A&M Consolidated in their first game doesn't look so bad now for Cove seeing that A&M just took down #1 ranked Lake Travis.

Throw in the home crowd and I see a Dawg victory. I'm not gonna predict a blowout because that won't happen. But IU see an easy 14-20 point win for Cove.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast