Thread: 911 Day

Post Thanks / Like

911 Day

http://www.911day.org/

The purpose of this movement is to do something positive for others every year on this day.

Today I am really strapped for time, so I decided to do something small for a stranger. It may not seem like much, but I went through the Starbucks drive thru and decided to pay for the person in the car behind me. I normally purchase a hot chocolate and a slice of pumpkin bread, but since I am on a budget and I was paying for his order, I just ordered the hot chocolate.
    I got to the window and paid for mine, then asked the clerk to please charge me for his order. She asked why, I told her it was a day to do something kind for a stranger, and she beamed from ear to ear saying that was just so nice! I paid for his food and drink and left. Made me feel good...and I am hopeful that it made him happier this morning too.

When I got to school, I sat down and got started working and looked up to see one of my students from last year walking into my room. What did she have in her hand? A slice of pumpkin bread for me from Starbucks. She said, "I went there this morning and remembered how much you like this, so I bought you a piece."

Karma has a way of working for good sometimes...

I hope y'all take time today to just do something nice for someone and remember how fortunate we are to live in such an amazing country. God Bless us every one....

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

2. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes stormy, Ang, rk103, Rick, TheOldProgrammer and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clifton Part Elementary School conducted a "Soldier Appreciation" parade around 9:30 this morning. It was nice to see those cute little kids obediently marching in single-file and carrying balloons and signs in front of a diversified (of course) group of soldiers.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. Likes Scarlett, Rick, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.911day.org/

The purpose of this movement is to do something positive for others every year on this day.

Today I am really strapped for time, so I decided to do something small for a stranger. It may not seem like much, but I went through the Starbucks drive thru and decided to pay for the person in the car behind me. I normally purchase a hot chocolate and a slice of pumpkin bread, but since I am on a budget and I was paying for his order, I just ordered the hot chocolate.
    I got to the window and paid for mine, then asked the clerk to please charge me for his order. She asked why, I told her it was a day to do something kind for a stranger, and she beamed from ear to ear saying that was just so nice! I paid for his food and drink and left. Made me feel good...and I am hopeful that it made him happier this morning too.

When I got to school, I sat down and got started working and looked up to see one of my students from last year walking into my room. What did she have in her hand? A slice of pumpkin bread for me from Starbucks. She said, "I went there this morning and remembered how much you like this, so I bought you a piece."

Karmahas a way of working for good sometimes...

I hope y'all take time today to just do something nice for someone and remember how fortunate we are to live in such an amazing country. God Bless us every one....
    Some have another name for that, but I don't want to turn this into a religious thread... awesome story!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

6. Thanks sojourner truth, Texas Immigrant thanked this post
    Likes Texas Immigrant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    Some have another name for that, but I don't want to turn this into a religious thread... awesome story!
    I was thinking the same thing...that is a "God-incidence" as my pastor says! Good Job, girlie!

8. Likes cnjbond, Texas Immigrant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my students, when I was telling them this story, said, "See...that was Jesus."

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

10. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    One of my students, when I was telling them this story, said, "See...that was Jesus."
    You've got some great ones!!
    Knowledge isn't power. Applied knowledge is power. -borrowed quote