Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ACL

Post Thanks / Like

ACL

Has anyone ever had to have their dogs ACL of the knee surgically repaired? My dog has ACL surgery scheduled and I was wondering what to expect afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dog had a torn ligament in his knee and had it repaired. I don't know if that's the same thing.
    He is doing fine, but limps when the weather is cold and damp or he overdoes it.
    I feed him a special joint food to help, otherwise he enjoys his life and doesn't seem to be bothered too much.
    Best of luck to you and your puppy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information! I hope he will be able to go for his morning run again once he has healed from the surgery. It upsets him when he gets left home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for the information! I hope he will be able to go for his morning run again once he has healed from the surgery. It upsets him when he gets left home.
    You're welcome. Mine seemed to recover fairly quickly and we have slimmed him down some to prevent further injury.
    It's hard seeing your dog hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Sheltie had the surgery and he did fine afterwards. It probably won't be able to run for at least a couple of months.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is your dog doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    He has not had the surgery yet, it is scheduled in early September when I can stay home with him a few days after the surgery. Thank you for asking. My guy is very muscular but is not over weight. Since his activity has decreased, I did cut back on his food so he would not put on any weight. I am nervous about the surgery because he also has seizures which he takes medication for daily. He was also an abused pound puppy and has many fears so we have never kenneled him. I know the vet will take good care of him but it will be traumatic spending the night at the vets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came home the same day.
    They told me if he recovered from the surgery enough I could take him home and he did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine stayed at the vet's for a week. He had a total knee replacement.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our friends' dog had the surgery last Friday and got to go home that afternoon. When I talked to them, they said that he needed the pain meds that night and the husband slept near the dog ... just in case. He came through fine. Good luck with your baby. Keep us posted.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast