Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Down Time and Slow Page Loads

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it was faster after I posted this. Go figure! LOL Kinda like going to the doctor, you feel horrible until you get there!

2. LOL TheOldProgrammer, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I gett hat after I report an issue to the host. It is usually fixed by the time I click submit. Oh well, that's what I pay them for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone else receiving 406 errors when trying to post?
    I believe I have found a partial clue to the 406 errors. I got some this morning:
    406 Not Acceptable
    Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /vb/newthread.php could not be found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.centextalk.com Port 80
    I traced it to having the ' u r l ' tag inside a 'quote' tag, and found it sometimes wouldn't take it, even if it put the tag there itself, as in when I hit page preview or edit.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep...I tried to post something 3 times yesterday and WHAM...it just dissapeared with a 406 error message on the screen. I just quit trying.

Then, I couldn't even find the thread agin. It's like it evaporated or something.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Strange, it's been fine for me since I got them to make the change when KISD locked us out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think the problem is a remarkably narrow set of circumstances. I had a # sign in one u r l that it refused to allow, but not in another. But in a third case, it didn't seem to mind the u r l.

It may be that only certain characters in the u r l cause a problem, and then only when the u r l is inside a 'quote' box.

My solution was to remove the u r l tags and allow the editor to reinstall them as it posted. That seemed to work.
    Last edited by Mestral; October 2nd, 2012 at 9:55 AM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3