Thread: Dog trainer

Post Thanks / Like

Dog trainer

My dog is 9 yrs old, are there any trainers within Killeen who can work with me & my dog?
    He is smart, Australian Sheppard mixed with something tall. As I get older, I am having difficulty
    Handling him. I would love to be able to take him for walks, but need training tips.
    A friend said my dog was not mean, just scared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about anyone in Killeen, but Unleased Unlimited in the Austin area is fabulous.
    512-618-8064

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever heard of Lone Star Dog Trainer out of Cove?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMexYum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about anyone in Killeen, but Unleased Unlimited in the Austin area is fabulous.
    512-618-8064

See if parks and rec still offer classes. I took one of my dogs there when he was younger and that little old lady worked wonders with him. Also, PetsMart has classes.

Post Thanks / Like
    We use sit means sit... My girl has done really well there. They have 6 group classes a week (which is unlimited), they also have one on one training. They will also give you a free demo using your dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dog is 9 yrs old, are there any trainers within Killeen who can work with me & my dog?
    He is smart, Australian Sheppard mixed with something tall. As I get older, I am having difficulty
    Handling him. I would love to be able to take him for walks, but need training tips.
    A friend said my dog was not mean, just scared.
    My newest dog is (I believe) part Australian Shepherd and she is skittish too. It is a process and it takes time and lots of attention.

Have you tried walking your dog with a gentle leader?
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    He is too old for new tricks. Sorry could not help myself. Time, patients and consitancy are really the best resources. Without which, success is difficult.